Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: Order books open for 918 Spyder! priced from $845,000 USD

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the engmish lesson wyatth but this is the internet. Interpeting is 9/10ths of fun

Old 03-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
^ rep

I also don't see why you need to be able to afford one in order to criticize it. There might be 5 members who can afford one. It'd be a pretty boring thread if the rest cannot participate.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I love the price. This just made my CGT worth 100k more in my book.

I also find it amusing that if I add my current Sales Tax to the 845k USD sale price it totals $918,515.00 bucks Is it just me or is that just Irony at it's best.

Too much money for me. I guess I'll get in the STOPPIE poor camp.

Porsche in my mind has priced this into the super elite group. Veyron figured years ago at their sale price that only 10,000 people world wide could afford their car. So at Porsche's number I'd guess 150,000 people in this world can actually afford the $845k car. Will they find 918 of them? I don't know.

Will I ever own one at that price. Never it's too much for not enough payback.

Stoppie you've been a chunk out of line today in my book. Maybe it's time you got laid.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Fair enough.

1) Most of the buyers who buy these cars- ABSOLUTELY ADORE CARS and are CAR enthusiasts.

2) There will be a mix of those who buy this car who DO track cars as well. (case in point is our 1st deposit for the 918; he tracks his GT3RS and has two cup cars)

3) This car is about a culmination of Performance and Technology; showing what the future will hold for the world of performance. Highlighting, and speaking directly about eh CORE of Porsche intelligence. What the company can achieve, and what that means for the client.

4) This will be a Halo car. As such, it's ridiculous. Halo cars should be ridiculous in some manner. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a a 'super car' or 'Halo' car. It's price tag means- financially speaking, no poseurs will apply. It's about exclusivity. It's about obtaining Porsche history. Which IMHO- is rolling, working- pieces of Art.

5) I mean this with all due respect; stop looking at this like a poor person. Look at it for the marvel it is. People scoffed at the Veyron's $1mm++ price tag, yet, there they sell. Brand new ones are being delivered to this day.

on a personal note, I think it's price tag is stupid. But then again, I'm HIGHLY ill-advised to speak of such a machine.

What if Porsche said "we're losing $100k to build one" or the car literally costs XYZ for us to build- thus the reduced profit margin (this facet is TRUE.- but I will not disclose this information, just know it's reduced from normal parameters)

cliff notes: We don't know jack-sh*t about the car to say whether or not the price tag is ridiculous. Porsche SHOULD have released more information on the car, really talk about what went INTO the car to build one. But, I'm not on the board, nor CEO- so it's their company to be run as they see fit.

I can tell you for a fact we'll have 2, if not 3 sold before the end of this month. (if we earn them). And we're NOT in Beverly Hills.
Because you've finally behaved and made sense (not that I agree with everything), I won't say what I actually think.

Back to criticizing the small jars of Nutella at the grocery store. I can't afford the family sized ones.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I love the price. This just made my CGT worth 100k more in my book.

I also find it amusing that if I add my current Sales Tax to the 845k USD sale price it totals $918,515.00 bucks Is it just me or is that just Irony at it's best.

Too much money for me. I guess I'll get in the STOPPIE poor camp.

Porsche in my mind has priced this into the super elite group. Veyron figured years ago at their sale price that only 10,000 people world wide could afford their car. So at Porsche's number I'd guess 150,000 people in this world can actually afford the $845k car. Will they find 918 of them? I don't know.

Will I ever own one at that price. Never it's too much for not enough payback.

Stoppie you've been a chunk out of line today in my book. Maybe it's time you got laid.
Agreed with everything.

Stoppie, for someone who criticizes everything non-Porsche so much, you really can't handle a little Porsche criticism. If you are going to be dishing out criticism on every car non-Porsche, then learn to take the same about a brand you represent without getting so emotional and attacking other members for their opinions.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
He said: "You'll still sell a bunch of them to poseurs who must have the most expensive Porsche available."

"a bunch of them to poseurs."

Repeat. "a bunch of them to poseurs."

You responded with "you think anyone who spends that on ths 918 is just a poseur?"

Repeat. "you think anyone who spends that on ths 918 is just a poseur?" (italics added for emphasis)

a bunch (aka a portion thereof) =/= all.

Cheers.
uh huh.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
I had to choose between nutella and and 918. Needless to say nutella won

Old 03-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
X5M > CTT

Old 03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
I think all of you are poopieheads. Except Mark. And Wyatth. And Ruskie. And my Gmack. Even Zorro most of the time. That would leave? Stoppie? poopiehead.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
You guys should take the blinders off. I've made plenty of comments about other brands. You guys just want another 'bash Porsche thread' in typical form. Sorry if I'm not sipping the 'negative about Porsche kool-aid' that seems to be rampant on TS.

Last edited by STOPPIE; 03-21-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Official: Order books open for 918 Spyder! priced from $845,000 USD