Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: Order books open for 918 Spyder! priced from $845,000 USD

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I would just buy a TT and pocket the other $700k. Looks great though.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
is the price a sick joke? Maybe you buy one and get one free?

Old 03-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
Don't be a fanboy. There are many things wrong with the 918. You'll still sell a bunch of them to poseurs who must have the most expensive Porsche available.
^^^ that statement right there makes you a certifiable idiot. You think anyone who spends that on ths 918 is just a 'poseur'?

You clearly think like a poor person.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Zing

Old 03-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
^
Isn't that most your posts to everything non-Porsche?
Hmmm.... Carrara = STOPPIE? STOPPIE = Carrara? IP check!
Here are a couple good reasons.

#1 - Yet another stupid 911 variant. How many are they up to now?

#2 - comparing a hybrid with the 917. The 917 was made to obliterate everyone's minds at LeMans. The 918 hybrid is built by a marketing department thinking "oh, green cars are so in right now! Let's make sure we omit the weight, and insist on a 25mi full electric range".

#3 - 845k.

Don't be a fanboy. There are many things wrong with the 918. You'll still sell a bunch of them to poseurs who must have the most expensive Porsche available.
You are clearly an idiot who should stick to motorcycles and stick to low powered bikes at that because of the fact you are a slow head, all Porsche buyers in this price range are hardcore enthusiasts who drive them flat out all the time (sorry Mark)

/sarcasm just in case anyone missed it

Old 03-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
^^^ that statement right there makes you a certifiable idiot. You think anyone who spends that on ths 918 is just a 'poseur'?

You clearly think like a poor person.
You clearly don't think at all.

This can only end well.

Because I have time to waste, please expand and explain to me how the trackday enthusiast will be happy to be lugging around god-knows-how-many lbs worth of batteries? Or how the average supercar owner will be delighted about 78mpg, disregarding more weight and lower power? Right. Hippies and yuppies going to Starbucks.
And explain how the 918 compares to the 917.

Last edited by Zorro; 03-21-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Do not understand why some keep on offending others only because they think differently...
Bah......

Back to the topic: I love the 918... RSR though... possibly with no batteries...

Last edited by Ressy; 03-21-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
I love the 918. Don't love the price so much, and I'm not yet sold on the 'performance' aspect of a hybrid, although I'm sure the RSR will change that opinion soon......

Anyway, beyond the laughability of yet another 911 variant, doesn't anyone else find it humourous that you can purchase a COUPE version of a 911 Turbo S complete with a plaque titled “Edition 918 Spyder”?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
You clearly don't think at all.

This can only end well.

Because I have time to waste, please expand and explain to me how the trackday enthusiast will be happy to be lugging around god-knows-how-many lbs worth of batteries? Or how the average supercar owner will be delighted about 78mpg, disregarding more weight and lower power? Right. Hippies and yuppies going to Starbucks.
And explain how the 918 compares to the 917.
What? Does your brain operate, at all? You're going to tie in the 917 to insulting people who are buying the 918 as a 'poseur'?

I love how people like YOU are pissed at the thought of such a car. when it's people who have MONEY are the ones who pushed Porsche to convince its board to actually BUILD this car.

Thank GOD Companies like Porsche aren't run like completely self absorbed people like you..

What do you think Zorro, they just sit around a room, with nothing to do, conjouring up ideas like the 918 to produce and HOPE that someone buys it???

Pass the bong b/c clearly you're smoking some good shit

Old 03-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
I don't know if this has been discussed yet but does anyone else think the 918 doesn't really look like a +800k car? Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful machine but it doesn't really have that top of the line extravagant supercar stance like the CGT has. I don't know, something's missing. If I'm paying that amount of money for a supercar I expect it to look a bit more out there.

Quick Reply: Official: Order books open for 918 Spyder! priced from $845,000 USD