Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: Order books open for 918 Spyder! priced from $845,000 USD

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
blah blah
Stop insulting me for no reason for a second.

Back my original questions.

How happy will the trackday enthusiast be to lug around god-knows-how-many lbs worth of batteries?

How delighted will the average supercar owner be about 94mpg, disregarding more weight and lower power?

Enlighten me.

Last edited by Zorro; 03-21-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by latterlon
Note to Porsche, keep the hybrid tech (and it's extra weight) and drop the price accordingly. The 918 would be a tremendous car with just the V8 (twin turbo anyone?)
Are you out of your mind? The #1 concern among supercar buyers is high gas mileage for their nearly $1 million machines.

You want lightweight and performance, get a Pors...erm... a McLaren! It's a good thing Porsche is filling orders now before the F1 successor is unveiled.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys, watch the name-calling and personal attacks, or this one is gonna get locked. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro

How happy will the trackday enthusiast be to lug around god-knows-how-many lbs worth of batteries?

How delighted will the average supercar owner be about 78mpg, disregarding more weight and lower power?

Enlighten me.
Fair enough.

1) Most of the buyers who buy these cars- ABSOLUTELY ADORE CARS and are CAR enthusiasts.

2) There will be a mix of those who buy this car who DO track cars as well. (case in point is our 1st deposit for the 918; he tracks his GT3RS and has two cup cars)

3) This car is about a culmination of Performance and Technology; showing what the future will hold for the world of performance. Highlighting, and speaking directly about eh CORE of Porsche intelligence. What the company can achieve, and what that means for the client.

4) This will be a Halo car. As such, it's ridiculous. Halo cars should be ridiculous in some manner. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a a 'super car' or 'Halo' car. It's price tag means- financially speaking, no poseurs will apply. It's about exclusivity. It's about obtaining Porsche history. Which IMHO- is rolling, working- pieces of Art.

5) I mean this with all due respect; stop looking at this like a poor person. Look at it for the marvel it is. People scoffed at the Veyron's $1mm++ price tag, yet, there they sell. Brand new ones are being delivered to this day.

on a personal note, I think it's price tag is stupid. But then again, I'm HIGHLY ill-advised to speak of such a machine.

What if Porsche said "we're losing $100k to build one" or the car literally costs XYZ for us to build- thus the reduced profit margin (this facet is TRUE.- but I will not disclose this information, just know it's reduced from normal parameters)

cliff notes: We don't know jack-sh*t about the car to say whether or not the price tag is ridiculous. Porsche SHOULD have released more information on the car, really talk about what went INTO the car to build one. But, I'm not on the board, nor CEO- so it's their company to be run as they see fit.

I can tell you for a fact we'll have 2, if not 3 sold before the end of this month. (if we earn them). And we're NOT in Beverly Hills.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
You guys sure complain a lot about a car you wont buy.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
You guys sure complain a lot about a car you wont buy.
This.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic car...I thought original estimates were $550k or so?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro

How delighted will the average supercar owner be about 78mpg, disregarding more weight and lower power?

Enlighten me.
Exactly what I was thinking.

STOPPIE, Please tone it down bud. It may be sarcasm, but you are coming off like an asshole. No name calling, just my two cents.

Last edited by "The JC"; 03-21-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
^^^ that statement right there makes you a certifiable idiot. You think anyone who spends that on ths 918 is just a 'poseur'?

You clearly think like a poor person.
He said: "You'll still sell a bunch of them to poseurs who must have the most expensive Porsche available."

"a bunch of them to poseurs."

Repeat. "a bunch of them to poseurs."

You responded with "you think anyone who spends that on ths 918 is just a poseur?"

Repeat. "you think anyone who spends that on ths 918 is just a poseur?" (italics added for emphasis)

a bunch (aka a portion thereof) =/= all.

Cheers.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
unique car... little shocked at the price but Im sure porsche knows of 918 people who will buy it. I have to admit for that price I would think they would have tossed in the 911 turbo but what do I know? would be an awesome marketing approach. Expecting someone who is going to plunk down $845K to now pony up another $175K for the 911 doesnt add up to me.

Quick Reply: Official: Order books open for 918 Spyder! priced from $845,000 USD