Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Details

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
PDK-S with a 'sequential style' shifter would be cool (similar to that of a cup car). Otherwise, I find it depressing that a GT car will have PDK, despite what others have said about the gearbox.

*And yes, I have finally tested a PDK box (in a C2S) and to the shagrin of many, I'm still not a fan.

Last edited by "The JC"; 02-08-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:47 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
There is no such thing as PDK-S.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a great plan, Chris. You really cannot go wrong with most current German cars.

All we know about the guy is that 'he is very high in position of P-Motorsports'. Though some of this might be true, I think it's too early even for someone 'very high in P-Motorsports' to know exactly what the 991 GT3 will have. Who remembers the rumor that the Panamera would get a Carrera GT V10 engine? Too bad that didn't happen.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
There is no such thing as PDK-S.
Are you being sarcastic or did you just decide not to review any of the links prior to posting you damn kiwi sheep f***cker?

Old 02-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Yawn.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Something new - got in my Porsche newsletter today:

RUMOR: BIG Changes For Porsche's Next-Gen 911 GT3? - AutoSpies Auto News
All of this is BS. Simply not true. No "PDK-S", no hundreds of pound weight loss. While I am not privy to the details of a 991 GT3 I do know the facts put forth in that article are not true.

"Journalists" who post this unfounded gossip should get off their lazy asses and do some true investigative journalism. Reading posts on forums, by unknown posters, and then distributing it as fact is worthless garbage.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Are you being sarcastic or did you just decide not to review any of the links prior to posting you damn kiwi sheep f***cker?
No I didn't. So are you saying there is a such a thing as PDK-S?

If so ,then read savvyboys post just above this one, ****nuckle. And go then you can go fahuck, yoursahalf.

Last edited by vtgts300kw; 02-08-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Damn dude, I was kidding. Thanks for the rep though

Figures that much of the Internet rumors about the new GT3 are bullshit

Having said that, much of what came true with the GT2RS and Cayman R began circulating in the interweb rumormill long before they were actually confirmed. We've heard about Porsche experimenting with a sequential style gearshift before (as used in the Oakley Design GT3). It is the only glimmer of hope I have when GT3 and PDK are mentioned.

Last edited by "The JC"; 02-08-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by savyboy
All of this is BS. Simply not true. No "PDK-S", no hundreds of pound weight loss. While I am not privy to the details of a 991 GT3 I do know the facts put forth in that article are not true.

"Journalists" who post this unfounded gossip should get off their lazy asses and do some true investigative journalism. Reading posts on forums, by unknown posters, and then distributing it as fact is worthless garbage.
isn't that what they do anyway?

it's so funny that they read a post here or elsewhere on forum then go write a article on it. frankly people would just believe it... all that being said, it could be a possibility that the next GT3 will have some sort of PDK tranny or maybe not. it's just too early to tell.