Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st CGT impressions...How come nobody told me its a POS???!!!! (book long!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
This thread makes me LOVE the CGT even more. None of that Ferrari-your-grandma-can-drive-as-fast-as-you-now BS.

John, some people are not meant for challenging cars. I'll take that POS off of your hands, I got 10$ right here. Get rid of the bumblebee wheels before, though.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
You're poor compared to who, Bill Gates?

Interesting review.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Rosie O'Donnell called. If you want your balls back, please call her at 1-800-CAMRY.

Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Rosie O'Donnell called. If you want your balls back, please call her at 1-800-CAMRY.
He's gonna need to loosen his grip on mommy's skirt before he can reach for that phone though.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a little torn here. On the one hand, kudos for being brave enough to speak honestly about a car that has such high rep around here. On the other hand, the "I'm so poor I can only drive Ferraris" smacks of a little more than playful insouciance.

There is a philosophical aspect to this as well. Is a great car one that makes you work for the speed? Some people clearly think so, but I suspect they're also the same people who believe themselves to be among the few possessing the necessary skill (whether that's true or not). How great is a car with a performance envelope that the typical-to-moderately-skilled driver simply can't access? How great is a car that gives up all its secrets the first time you drive it, though? (this is getting dangerously close to a treatise on the perfect woman as well)

I think the typical modern hypercar is so vastly superior to all but a tiny handful of drivers that every effort should be made to keep them 'well-behaved'. That doesn't necessarily mean paddle-shifters, and low-intervention stability control, but it does mean that the chassis should balance the need for a pointy front end against sudden massive oversteer. The engine should deliver power progressively. The drivetrain should be somewhat forgiving to minor mistakes (improper rev-matching on downshifts, for example). The warning that you're doing something wrong should come *before* you find yourself looking back down the road you were just traveling.

That last scintilla of speed that makes the car twitchy and unstable belongs on a race car. These are street cars, and are designed to live in a world of momentary distractions, and imperfect road conditions. By this standard, the CGT is indeed a bit of a failure. It's undoubtedly brilliant, but it belongs on the track, wearing slicks. I'd probably take a GT2RS over a CGT.

I know this is bordering on blasphemous, but I just don't see the CGT as a spiritual successor to the 959. The 918 shows more promise, but the price tag on these cars is just getting silly.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:57 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
After reading the title to your thread, I was hopeful that I might be able to pick up another CGT on the cheap. It is the only car I wish I had not sold. The more you drive it (and I mean really drive it), the more you will love it. Good luck with it and be safe!

Old 12-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
+1 to what Jamie said. You're talking about a CGT. Sorry the clutch is difficult. Did you really not hear about this very well known aspect of the car before you purchased it?

"too punishing", "a pos", "a mistake"??

Old 12-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all

just drive and enjoy your car

get rid of the nancy f cars and buy a lambo....a MANUAL lambo

Old 12-28-2010, 08:48 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
I wish I hated driving my CGT....

Old 12-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond reputeSilverRSXJezus has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I don't know where you live in Taiwan, but I can't say I'm surprised that you wouldn't enjoy this car over there, especially if you live near urban/Taipei areas. But I'm surprised that you didn't expect this before your purchase.