Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dubai Autodrome Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hattawi
What I want to do is to go to one more track day with the same alignment... after that I would start playing with the alignment to see what difference I can observe.. I need a starting point from the experienced guys here in this forum.. Any parts need to be replaced from GT2 or cup car? etc
Fairly easy my friend:

Alignment -2.0 front camber, -1.5 rear camber
Front toe 0, rear toe in 1.5mm per side.

Front anti-sway bar one hole from full loose.
Rear anti-sway bar full tight.

Tire pressures hot: F 32, r 35

Enjoy. No need to buy any parts (yet )

Oh- get a Porsche experienced driving instructor. These cars will respond best to driving techniques that are different than front engine cars. Trust me when I tell you instruction will be the best money you ever spent. (unless you are already a tracking expert!)

Last edited by savyboy; 12-06-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
wow you guys really do NOT mess around

Old 12-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
That green GT3rs is absolutely gorgeous! Looks like a great time!

Old 12-06-2010, 06:27 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
uhhh, isnt carrara like 10 years old?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrara
The RS actually has more understeer because it is wider, but on the track it has a bit less understeer compared to the GT3 due to the shorter gearing and increase of horsepower.

Reducing weight, getting new tires, or changing the gear ratios are really the only things I can think of for you.
How many times have you actually driven a car?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by burnzie
How many times have you actually driven a car?
No more times than you have. Just because you haven't driven a car doesn't mean you don't know what understeer is, or how to reduce it.

In the case of that post though, my source is someone who owned a GT3, and now owns a GT3 RS.

Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
uhhh, isnt carrara like 10 years old?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by savyboy
Fairly easy my friend:

Alignment -2.0 front camber, -1.5 rear camber
Front toe 0, rear toe in 1.5mm per side.

Front anti-sway bar one hole from full loose.
Rear anti-sway bar full tight.

Tire pressures hot: F 32, r 35

Enjoy. No need to buy any parts (yet )

Oh- get a Porsche experienced driving instructor. These cars will respond best to driving techniques that are different than front engine cars. Trust me when I tell you instruction will be the best money you ever spent. (unless you are already a tracking expert!)
Thanks a lot. This is the first thing am gonna do. Am dropping the car at the dealer to fix my fuel issue. Apparently I can't put more 40 liters in my 60 liters tank.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrara
The RS actually has more understeer because it is wider, but on the track it has a bit less understeer compared to the GT3 due to the shorter gearing and increase of horsepower.

Reducing weight, getting new tires, or changing the gear ratios are really the only things I can think of for you.
lool

Old 12-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Not familiar with the .2 GT3 models but the older ones had a factory recommended track setup somewhere on the back of the owners manual. I'll try using that as my starting point and adjusting as needed. Don't change too many things all at once, it will only make troubleshooting far harder.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Am at work now so the only source of the manual I have right now is the US version. It does mention however the recommended alignment.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Dubai Autodrome Track Day