Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Best Track Day Porsche
GT2
6.06%
GT3
4.55%
GT3 RS
74.24%
GT2 RS
15.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Ultimate Track Day Porsche?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
RickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond repute
Voted GT3RS. A real track-car is naturally aspirated, high-revving and loud!

However, if 993 Carrera RS would have been an option, it would have been a tough choice, gotta say. Had a go with a Club Sport this summer, and my god was it fun! 300hp makes a lot in a car that weighs 1270kg.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished road
959!

Old 10-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 or RS it doesn't matter. I voted for GT3 because the difference between the RS and the standard isn't enough to justify the $ difference if you are looking for a track toy.

Only 50 people in the world have the capability to honestly handle a gt2 or gt2rs on a race track and Don't take this wrong TS'rs....We aren't one of them. Turbo's and tracks are meant for the Top Pro's only. Turbo's and tracks = death to car or driver with the slightest of mistakes. I happened to be at the track in 07 when Patrick Long took the new gt2 around Miller Motorsports for the first time and he got out and told Porsche North America that this car shouldn't be sold to the general public.

My years on the racetrack taught me many things. Mostly that I can improve every second I spend on the track. It doesn't matter Miata or GT3RSR you will NEVER stop learning.

You will never get everything out of a gt3 on a racetrack. Every lap you run the rest of your life will be improved over the last. 997 gt3's are in the $90's plus or minus 10k and they are fvcking insane fun. That's the only way to fly on your Pole

Old 10-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Very very true
But around the track the GT3RS does feel better than GT3... just a little
Is it worth 15 odd Ks? I donno

Old 10-02-2010, 04:12 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Well yes Scud will be best than RS ...IMHO I have both.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSR
Well yes Scud will be best than RS ...IMHO I have both.
scuds not on his list .....and they aren't as fun to track because they drive for too much for you. they are faster because of the added 100hp. gt3rs > scud for fun factor imho

and I have both as well

Old 10-02-2010, 04:28 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Someone mentioned thats why.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by SSR
Someone mentioned thats why.
sorry I didn't read all posts. I do know my Scud is about 2 seconds a mile faster on most tracks over my RS but I smile less in it. Translating to 4-5 seconds for most road courses in our neck of the woods.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'd take a 997.2 GT3 in Mexico Blue and be a happy man for a long time.