Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Racing : Top Contender in Ultimate Track Car Challenge @ VIR!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:49 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute

UTCC(Ultimate Track Car Challenge) is an ultra-exciting annual event presented by Grassroots Motorsports where the most ferocious track cars in the country come out and battle for supremacy. UTCC will be held at VIR(Virginia International Raceway) on July 23rd. Full course, 3.27-mile, 17 turns…Let the battle begin!

TPC Racing will be entering two very different Porsches; TPC Racing 997 GT2 Blitzkrieg and TPC Racing 993 GT2. The fierce competition against fire-breathing 600+hp V-8 powered purposed-built tube chassis racing machines and highly modified jet-like twin-turbo Nissan GT-R’s will prove TPC Racing’s commitment to maximize the performance potential of Porsche cars.

“We will push the performance envelope on two of Stuttgart’s finest creations to beyond what was considered the limit of the production chassis!” ~ Michael Levitas, Race Car Engineer

The Cars

Porsche 997 GT2
Arriving just a couple weeks ago at TPC Racing, our 997 GT2 Blitzkrieg car has had very limited time for development and testing. Equipped with TPC Racing Blitzkrieg Power Package(127mm hybrid-core intercoolers, proprietary modified VGT turbochargers, specific headers and custom tuning) and TPC Racing Stage-3 Plus PASM suspension package(Pro Race adjustable sway bars, drop links, toe links, re-worked PASM coilovers with linear-rate racing springs). Also, because this car will be seeing some serious track time, we decided to swap the factory Porsche PCCBs for a set of steel rotors and calipers from the NEW 10/11 GT3RS. This is a “real” street car with full leather interior, air conditioning, and XM satellite radio. All the upgrades on this car are 100% bolt-on and they are the very same components we supply to our customers.

Our identically-equipped 997Turbo Blitzkrieg ran 2:03’s at VIR last Fall. This year, without the weight of the AWD from our 997Turbo Blitzkrieg car, our goal is to run deeper in the 2:00’s and possible dip into the 1:50’s with a refined and comfortable street car. These are similar laptimes to a factory GT3 Cup car!

Porsche 993 GT2, Inspired by the epic Porsche 993 GT2 Evolution, this is a full race car constructed from a production chassis to Grand-Am Rolex GTS spec by TPC Racing. Race prepped 3.6 air-cooled engine with one-of-a-kind twin-turbo system, monstrous intercooler, Motec electronic, JRZ triple-adjustable dampers, TPC Pro Race sway bars, all-spherical bearing suspension, 100-litre fuel cell, and more. This IS the most-developed air-cooled powered Porsche race car; this car pulls away from factory 962 prototypes at Daytona front straight! The car ran 1:53’s at VIR last Fall.

The Driver

Michael Levitas, President and Chief Engineer of TPC Racing will be piloting the two machines. Michael has been racing Porsches for over a decade, with multiple professional race wins and Championships on his resume. He has also worked closely with Factory Drivers and Race Engineers so he has very intimate knowledge of the Porsche chassis.

Our Partners

Hoosier, a long time technology partner of TPC Racing has provided us with their prototype 19” Racing tire in multiple compounds to debut on our 997 GT2. This tire was made to work with stock Porsche fitments and is going to revolutionize the track day tire for 19” wheels.

Mark White, owner of Accumoto Motorsport and Grand Am Driver will also be campaigning his Cayman Turbo RS… Featuring our full Cayman Turbo System, Track Pack and Stage 4 Suspension.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 07-16-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Pics and stuff
Old 07-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck to you and the rest of the guys at TPC!

Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
DAMMIT i'm jealous, wish I could come and join... I'm still looking for my sub 2 lap time at VIR, managing lower 2's consistent in my full street weight GT2, but don't have the time to get there to exercise on that 2 flat and under

Best of luck, would be awesome to watch... Is this event private or open to others to join as well?

Martin

Old 07-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
DAMMIT i'm jealous, wish I could come and join... I'm still looking for my sub 2 lap time at VIR, managing lower 2's consistent in my full street weight GT2, but don't have the time to get there to exercise on that 2 flat and under

Best of luck, would be awesome to watch... Is this event private or open to others to join as well?

Martin
that weight is really what is going to get you under there man. BTW, scared myself shitless with the cup (but in the yeehaw kinda way) cause you have no idea how much speed we were giving up with a normal street car around the corners. Its insane dude.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Shakedown this past weekend @ Summit Main...

Old 07-21-2010, 11:46 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Old 07-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
DAMN! Your hitting the same speeds as my friggin' cup at the end of the straight!

Old 07-21-2010, 12:05 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
and he was only doing about 6 or 7 tenths... maybe you need to bring your car down here to get set up...

Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
and he was only doing about 6 or 7 tenths... maybe you need to bring your car down here to get set up...
haha, I only have so much gearing...my topspeed is only 163 ish mph. That said, Mike helped me out hardcore like 3 years ago at the clubrace there when I had my JRZ'd up turbo. Go figure he would set the record for his class then blow up there too. I would as for his advice again...but this car has 3 way ohlins in it, so I dont know if he would twist the sucker the wrong way

I will be going to vir sometime for a challenge I have to fulfill...maybe you guys should bring that 997 gt2 down and join in I havent seen mike since that clubrace lol.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
haha, I only have so much gearing...my topspeed is only 163 ish mph. That said, Mike helped me out hardcore like 3 years ago at the clubrace there when I had my JRZ'd up turbo. Go figure he would set the record for his class then blow up there too. I would as for his advice again...but this car has 3 way ohlins in it, so I dont know if he would twist the sucker the wrong way

I will be going to vir sometime for a challenge I have to fulfill...maybe you guys should bring that 997 gt2 down and join in I havent seen mike since that clubrace lol.
Would that be, ehhem, our challenge??? hah

BTW Casey, did he leave tration control on in that video?? Seemed like power was cut at some crucial points where he could pick up speed??

Quick Reply: TPC Racing : Top Contender in Ultimate Track Car Challenge @ VIR!