Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
No surprise about not being available with PDK. I doubt the engine (on it's way out) can be mated to the PDK (just on it's way in). Would be silly to design them to work together for a single LE car. Let alone taking a big step away from something that sets the GT cars apart from the rest.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Sorry guys but I told you all I know. I've asked about a picture too... Let's hope we will be able to have one...

Old 03-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
V TACH is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by wyatth
No surprise about not being available with PDK. I doubt the engine (on it's way out) can be mated to the PDK (just on it's way in). Would be silly to design them to work together for a single LE car. Let alone taking a big step away from something that sets the GT cars apart from the rest.
I wish it was only available in PDK...it would make the decision to keep my 997.1 that much easier to deal with.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^You could always call up sharkwerks and do a 3.9 conversion on the 997.1 GT3 RS!!

YouTube - Porsche 997 GT3RS 3.9L 500hp SharkWerks Engine HQ

Old 03-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
If I were in the market, I would probably opt for a .2 because of creature comforts and newer NAV, etc (unless track rat). But if I already had any .1, I would not upgrade...

Old 03-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wyatth
If I were in the market, I would probably opt for a .2 because of creature comforts and newer NAV, etc (unless track rat). But if I already had any .1, I would not upgrade...
I had both and have to admit that the MK2 is a completely different car compared to the MK1...

I would suggest to upgrade...

Originally Posted by Carrara
Was there a mention of canards?
Pardon my English, but what are canards?

Last edited by Ressy; 03-24-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Just got called by my contact which saw a White Pre-Series LE at Zuffenhausen! Literally he said: "think about an RSR with the rear wing of a GT3RS MK2 and you will have the 4.0 RS!"

Being a Pre-Series things might change but according to what he said we have:
  • Front and Rear wider wheel arches with rivets RSR style, the car will be fitted with spacers behind the rims (to fit with the wider body).
  • Front bonnet and rear boot in CF but luckily painted! NOT in ugly black GT2RS style.
  • PCCB as standard.
  • Manual 6 speeds gear box ONLY. (Sorry Maraki!!)
  • Despite few CF parts the overall weight of the car should be the same as the GT3RS Mk2 due to the 4.0L engine being slightly heavier than the 3.8L.
  • The rev. limiter should be at 8500rpm but this info cannot be confirmed at 100%.
Wow, this will be THE 997 to have and collect. Congrats to all of the guys who's getting one, I'm jealous!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:02 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Just got called by my contact which saw a White Pre-Series LE at Zuffenhausen! Literally he said: "think about an RSR with the rear wing of a GT3RS MK2 and you will have the 4.0 RS!"

Being a Pre-Series things might change but according to what he said we have:
  • Front and Rear wider wheel arches with rivets RSR style, the car will be fitted with spacers behind the rims (to fit with the wider body).
  • Front bonnet and rear boot in CF but luckily painted! NOT in ugly black GT2RS style.
  • PCCB as standard.
  • Manual 6 speeds gear box ONLY. (Sorry Maraki!!)
  • Despite few CF parts the overall weight of the car should be the same as the GT3RS Mk2 due to the 4.0L engine being slightly heavier than the 3.8L.
  • The rev. limiter should be at 8500rpm but this info cannot be confirmed at 100%.
Thank god. PDK in a GT3 = ripping out it's soul

Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by grant
Was there any mention of Individual Throttles like on the RSR?

Thanks!
What I have been told is that the 4.0 engine is "the same" of a RSR with some obvious modifications for road use.
Despite the racing version revs up to 9400rpms, it seems like they have reduced the limiter to 8500rpm to improve relaiability... as told you, this is not confirmed 100% and I still hope it is not true...

Old 03-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
What I have been told is that the 4.0 engine is "the same" of a RSR with some obvious modifications for road use.
Despite the racing version revs up to 9400rpms, it seems like they have reduced the limiter to 8500rpm to improve relaiability... as told you, this is not confirmed 100% and I still hope it is not true...
Ressy i got admit, i love the little details in the info you get... it's so funny when you follow it with "it's not official" hahaha

i'm trying to imagine myself down my daily drive to work in an RSR-like 997... i'm not sure i'll go up to my office!

2 more weeks...

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!