Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010 | 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Still wonder if it will look anything like this! Fun to guess of course!

This color scheme is perfection. I fell in love with the green over black when I saw it o the Patron LMP car in 2008. It would look awesome on the LE. But, I bet similar to the Gt@RS, Porsche won't allow color to sample on the LE.

Old 11-26-2010 | 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
DJ: I wonder as well. It might have the same splitter (which is pulled directly off of the GT3 R Hybrid), maybe canards because, hey, the R8 GT has them, a carbon hood for sure, maybe a larger rear wing like I included, and front and rear fender flares. Just for fun it also has split fog lights. Here it is in more colors, and hi res.

Hi Res

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4105/...470feab6_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/...a4ed9100_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/...5b1c2349_o.jpg

Thanks for posting these again DJ.

Old 11-26-2010 | 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a 2.7 RS Tribute set I just made.

Old 11-26-2010 | 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I hope that after the GT3 RS limited edition, they come out with the Cayenne RS, the boxster RS, cayman RS, and panamera RS, and the GT3 RS LE LE, because I feel that even a limited edition is not limited enough.

Old 12-01-2010 | 04:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
I would love the white/red one!!
Just like the one I just sold.
THE PERFECT mix to me.

Old 12-01-2010 | 06:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Those all look awesome except for the carbon hood. I know the car will most likely have one just like in the pics but I can't get myself to like it. Would look so much better if the hood had the same paint as the rest of the car...

Old 12-01-2010 | 11:52 AM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Those all look awesome except for the carbon hood. I know the car will most likely have one just like in the pics but I can't get myself to like it. Would look so much better if the hood had the same paint as the rest of the car...
I agree ....

Old 12-01-2010 | 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Plus it'll make it look too much like the GT2RS )

Old 12-02-2010 | 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished road
There's no pleasing you guys. A few years ago during the 964/993 we would have loved to have had all these choices. We never got the real 964 RS nor the 993 RS or GT2 and we didn't get the 996GT3RS.

Now we get them all and I believe that because there are so many "special" models, Porsche can bring to the US their more "track" models without it compromising the model (ie forcing us to get the sunroof or a watered down RS America) or it's luxury demanding American customer base.

I've said many times before and I'll say it again, choices are a great thing!

Old 12-04-2010 | 08:14 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
daedton is an unknown quantity at this point
Could be the unveiling: Porsche to unveil a spectacular model at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show - AutoSpies Auto News

11 RS LE (deposit down)
11 RS on order
07 RS
98 C2S
97 C4S
77 911S

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!