Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Hey chuck tell your guys Hans and Frans to be sure to get pics of my 4.0L when they start building.

-Troy
Funny you should bring that up. In the future, this will be an option with more Porsche cars. Germany is working on making this available to all customers. As an option. At present, they are testing this on my car, and have indicated they will not take other photos of cars. IDK why, but that's what I was told. Mine will look better than anyone elses anyway.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GTCole
Funny you should bring that up. In the future, this will be an option with more Porsche cars. Germany is working on making this available to all customers. As an option. At present, they are testing this on my car, and have indicated they will not take other photos of cars. IDK why, but that's what I was told. Mine will look better than anyone elses anyway.
That sucks. Only you High Rollers get the pics I guess.

BTW got my VIN (Sep 9th) and the car is waiting for a ship. Not sure what number is on the dash I.E. (#??? of 600). I guess its in the VIN somewhere, but I don't know how to decode it.

Anyway, should get a ship soon and be on the way.

-Troy

Old 09-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
You GOTTA come north and be here when it arrives! Or I will drive it...........

All PTS have been moved to December production.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
oh...is that true? Will confirm with my dealer here. So delivery in Feb?

Old 09-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by pmpsch
oh...is that true? Will confirm with my dealer here. So delivery in Feb?
IDK. I had a mid September production, even after my color was approved. Then they moved it to mid October. Now, they've moved it to mid December. Porsche told me that all cars must deliver in 2011 due to emission regulations. Just ordered the new 991 yesterday, so maybe mine will be the new body.......

Old 09-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Chuck, when did you order a 991? Giving it to the house keeper?

-Troy

Old 09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Saturday. Getting Black with Luxor interior for Val and opted for the ducktail spoiler. Bye bye GTS.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
The colour you chose for your RS 4.0 isn't my favourite colour, but I have no doubt it will be the hottest RS 4.0 in existence when its done.

Just wondering, are they gonna change the red contrast to the black for you?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
They initially said no, but I'm still complaining. It's also an issue as to whether they will even deviate stitch the sport buckets. I'm close to raising my level of complaining. I don't mind the decline of red stickers. They charged $5500 for variant sticker colors on the 997.2 RS, and I can get them changed for way way less

Old 09-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Well of course complain as much as you can, but if you can't get your way, as you said it would just be cheaper to get the stickers changed yourself. But also, you shouldn't have the urge to alter a 200k car the moment you buy it. It should be exactly the way you want it.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!