Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting look. It looks fine without the wider arches, and the graphics look good. It just needs to lose the white wheels, and I need to see it in other colors. I think this car would look PERFECT in Black with no graphics, and gunmetal wheels. I guessed it would have canards and be called the RS 4.0, so I guess I guessed right!

Last edited by Carrera; 04-16-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:53 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BluScorpio
What is "OP"?
OP = Original Post

Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
OG = original gangsta.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
DJ great find as always with this leaked image! I'm glad we get to see it first.

My first thought is how underwhelming it looks but then again, I can't imagine any car possibly living up to the hype of a >110 page thread (unless it had a working flux capacitor).

Love the white wheels and red door mirror mounts. I think the door graphics and rear wing graphics could possibly look cool but I really can't tell how they look from this picture.

I'm seeing either silver or silver gray accents and then dark gray for the center stripe. For some reason I thought they would use a bolder, matte color similar to the RSR.

The silver color surrounding the front air dams looks ghastly. Or at least in this picture I am not digging it.

I like the idea of canards on a road car but to pull off the look, I think wider wheel arches really are a must. Otherwise they just look too small and add no presence. I'm really turned off by the look of this (same goes for how they look on the R8 gt - they just don't have the same visual effect if they don't have significantly widened wheel arches).

Looks like the 2RS carbon front wings (and painted front hood) made it on. Which is kinda cool. I guess. Are they purposefully trying to piss off gt2rs owners?

Still happy about 6 speed and 4.0L/500 hp, but this doesn't seem special enough to me to (a)be the 997 swan song, (b) justify any significant price increase over the 3RS and (c) to be the third RS model of a rapidly diluting badge.

Originally Posted by Carrera
Interesting look. It looks fine without the wider arches, and the graphics look good. It just needs to lose the white wheels, and I need to see it in other colors. I think this car would look PERFECT in Black with no graphics, and gunmetal wheels. I guessed it would have canards and be called the RS 4.0, so I guess I guessed right!
Can anyone get a rough count on how many times Carrera has patted his own back in this thread? I appreciate the renders, but seriously . . . guessing it would be called the RS 4.0 (where the 997.2 RS has "RS 3.8" badged everywhere)? How about the flared wheel arch guesses?

Also, for all of the guys on the list for this car, I really appreciate your posting of information and obviously I trust you guys are just reporting what you heard. But considering how off some of the speculation was, it makes me really question the sources of the information. Were your inside sources just effing with you?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I was kind of expecting more looks wise. If I had a 997.2 GT3 rs I would not trade up for this. But we will see what the final result looks like.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rjmontoya
Can anyone get a rough count on how many times Carrera has patted his own back in this thread? I appreciate the renders, but seriously . . . guessing it would be called the RS 4.0 (where the 997.2 RS has "RS 3.8" badged everywhere)? How about the flared wheel arch guesses?
RJ, I wasn't trying to pat myself on the back, and I wasn't saying it with a high nose. And I wasn't the one who "guessed" anything about RSR style fender flares.

Anyway, here is an updated rendering based on the leaked image.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
I was kind of expecting more looks wise. If I had a 997.2 GT3 rs I would not trade up for this. But we will see what the final result looks like.
Agree... I'm excited to see what the final will look like, butttt you might be better off finding a deal on a nice pre-owned 997.2 RS, cough...

2011 Porsche GT3 RS - 904 Miles - Isringhausen Imports on Vimeo

Old 04-17-2011, 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Carrara you are one seriously talented dude !

Old 04-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura aboutRStrack has a spectacular aura about
you saw the rear arch wheel is different there is a support ... this picture may be a photoshop?

Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these parts
Hmmm flared would have been really nice... :-/ But I guess this is all we get. Well... at least there is a chance left, that this 4.0 picture is fake and we get a super badass gt3 rs le in the end.. Hmmm the backend looks really a bit off on this 4.0 "leaked pic"

In the end it looks a bit like this baby here... maybe we get a GT3 RS LE with GT3 R Racecar stuff and not RSR.. ^^

Last edited by GT3 4.0 LE; 04-17-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!