Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:14 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Saw this on Facebook and just had to log in to comment.

It may be an "official" image from Porsche ( who knows where it came from? ), but that "real" pic screams a dodgy photoshop. Carrera effort is much better.

The camber of the wheels is woeful.
The rear wing doesn't look at the right angle/ perspective.
The stripe on the hood has some very dodgy angles just above the crest.
The canards are blatantly photoshopped on.
The decals look horrible and not thought out.

I've surely been known to be wrong in the past. But that seems very weak. It's obviously a picture of a picture, so where did it come from?

Old 04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Spike962 is an unknown quantity at this point
GT3RS limited edition spotted in Malibu today!

I was cruising encinal canyon this morning above Malibu CA. We stopped around noon. Out of nowhere, came the car, what I am certain was the GT3RS limited being tested (and baiting amateur Car-parazzi) More RSR than RS. Very big rear wing. Very loud motor/exhaust note.

The livery was similar to that white w/ orange stripe, hybrid cup car, race car in the mags.

And the emblem on the rear wing said GT3RS. But this car had Oregon manufacturer plates, and two gentlemen wearing Porsche polos, one taking notes on a clipboard.

I'm sure someone got a photo at some point during their day. Look for the shots this week.

BTW, the photos on this thread are bogus. No where near what I saw a few hours ago. Looks alot like the RSR Cup Car. Big, wide and loud. A race car.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Spike962
I was cruising encinal canyon this morning above Malibu CA. We stopped around noon. Out of nowhere, came the car, what I am certain was the GT3RS limited being tested (and baiting amateur Car-parazzi) More RSR than RS. Very big rear wing. Very loud motor/exhaust note.

The livery was similar to that white w/ orange stripe, hybrid cup car, race car in the mags.

And the emblem on the rear wing said GT3RS. But this car had Oregon manufacturer plates, and two gentlemen wearing Porsche polos, one taking notes on a clipboard.

I'm sure someone got a photo at some point during their day. Look for the shots this week.

BTW, the photos on this thread are bogus. No where near what I saw a few hours ago. Looks alot like the RSR Cup Car. Big, wide and loud. A race car.
Great info, but I'm having a hard time believing you, and all of this speculation is just getting annoying. This thread should be locked until we have some solid information.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future

and why don't you have pics?

Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
What to beleive? I do hope this is a cunning plan by Porsche to throw everyone off the scent and then release a nice fat 911. The decals don't look special to me, I do hope Carrera's rendering does not turn out the be 100% accurate. All said though the drive will be more important than the look, you can't see the outside when you are strapped in

Old 04-18-2011, 06:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GT3RS
What to beleive? I do hope this is a cunning plan by Porsche to throw everyone off the scent and then release a nice fat 911. The decals don't look special to me, I do hope Carrera's rendering does not turn out the be 100% accurate. All said though the drive will be more important than the look, you can't see the outside when you are strapped in
contemplating it before the spin is part of the "foreplay" experience

Old 04-18-2011, 06:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough

No reason not to believe you, but why Porsche would test such car as far as in the USA?!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these partsGT3 4.0 LE is infamous around these parts
They do test in different climates..., but I don't know what would be special about his area....

Old 04-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Hot weather testing, I bet.

The only reason I have not to believe your story is because that was your first post, and nothing you said wasn't said (*ahem* speculated) before. I really do want to believe you though. I hope this car doesn't turn out to be a parts bin exercise.

Welcome to the TEAM regardless!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
This is a very popular thread, lol