Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche powers up 918 Spyder, more HP expected on production model

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
The wheels are just on the concept. How often do the wheels of a concept actually make it on to the production version? Never. The Carrera GT wheels were similar, but looked much better than the concept CGT's.

Porsche just did that as a statement of their design.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Member
UberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to all
awesome .. cant wait to see it put in production

Old 08-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Funny... Everyone seems to love the sidepipes, myself included, but I wonder why they won't do it. The SLR McLaren had them. New Euro regs perhaps? Maybe its packaging.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
as long as they keep the LIME calipers on that car they can mod anything on it and itll still be amazing

Old 08-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ @ZeusI don't know where the source got this information, but Michael Mauer said the reason for the side exhausts is to make the car even lighter. I don't think it'll change.

^^@McRae I hate those calipers! Chances are they will be yellow like the normal PCCB's, I think Porsche did this as a statement of efficiency.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6

^^@McRae I hate those calipers! Chances are they will be yellow like the normal PCCB's, I think Porsche did this as a statement of efficiency.
and MAYBE they did it for coolness factor...and MAYBE theyll offer it...because i can guarantee you im not the only person that thinks they are seriously fresh and edgy

Old 08-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by McRae
and MAYBE they did it for coolness factor...and MAYBE theyll offer it...because i can guarantee you im not the only person that thinks they are seriously fresh and edgy
Just my guess. The Carrera GT had yellow, because that is THE signature color for the PCCB's, however, Porsche did take requests for different colored calipers. I've seen red and black calipers on a CGT.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:25 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
You're not. And I also happen to think those wheels are bad ass. Only black ones I've ever liked.