Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 spyder, what you would like to see in the production model

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 04:50 AM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
918 spyder, what you would like to see in the production model

A lot of people hate the idea that the new 918 spyder concept is a hybrid, I personally don't mind it since Porsche has done an amazing job of taking an obstacle and making it work for them in terms of performance.

However, I can't be the only one dreaming of stripping the weight of those 2 electric motors, batteries, and hybrid guts OUT OF the car and puts a nice turbo in for 700ish horse power.

Or maybe the V10 from the CGT?

One thing I'm going to call right now is that they will probably put "normal" wheels and standard mirrors on the production version.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I think you are right ;o)

Old 03-05-2010, 05:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
800 bhp twin turbo rs spyder engine ...

green feature ? stop and start

Old 03-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
N/A V10 or a revised Watercooled version of the 917's Flat 12...N/A of course ;-) hehe

Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
So, Ryan, would you buy the Spyder if it didn't have the 3 electric motors?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'd buy it as is, assuming I had the money.

Hell, they could gut out the V8 and electric motors and put a bag of marbles in the back with an I.O.U. note for a real engine and I'd still buy it just to let it sit in my garage looking all pretty.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 PM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
You guys do realize that this "hybrid system", will most likely be exactly like the one in the GT3 R hybrid, which completely recharges itself during 8 seconds of braking and therefore providing the extra 218 hp every time from the electric motors in addition the the 500 hp from the V8. This will be the first of its kind in a road car (I think) and should be pretty amazing. With all that said, I'd still buy a CGT instead.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Hell, they could gut out the V8 and electric motors and put a bag of marbles in the back with an I.O.U. note for a real engine and I'd still buy it just to let it sit in my garage looking all pretty.

That car is just drop-dead gorgeous. I know they may look at it as the next-gen Carrera GT, but those are only supposed to come along every 20 years. Price it to compete with the Gallardo/F458/MP4-12C, and my heart may skip a few more beats.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'd buy it as is, assuming I had the money.

I'd buy it too. Just poking fun at Ryan.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
I would love to see this new 918 with a hard-top 997/987 type roof.

Any good photoshoppe guys out there?

Quick Reply: 918 spyder, what you would like to see in the production model