Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diffrrence between GT2 & GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dmanero
No I wish, Im a freelance graphic designer, and in my spare time I design concept and custom cars in 3d. More of a personal thing than a profession, I have plans to build my own car and in a couple of year maybe start my own business, but that more or a dream right now.
Oh cool. I kind of do the same thing in 2D. Building a dream car would be cool, but Porsche already built mine.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond repute
Ok serious question.

What is the difference or is there one in suspension pick up points/geometry?

Is there a significant difference in weight balance?

Or is it just more power?

Is the engine mounted lower, higher farther forward/rearward?

Could the sme driver take either to the "limit of adhesion" and pull same times? I know acceleration is a factor, but lets say in the wet?

Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
dmanero is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to do the 2D drawings, but after I started learn 3D studio Max at home, I just found it more challenging.

I'm hoping next to build one of my designs. don't Laugh but I have this idea for a Tiburon, with a body kit that I designed. Most of the body panels would be carbon fiber. The car would have everything done, from engine upgrades to ICE system. I even have this idea of removing the dashboard and replacing it with the a custom fitted dash from Toyota supra. And it aint going to be a trailer queen. So I'll be attending shows but also be driving it every day.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yonder
Ok serious question.

What is the difference or is there one in suspension pick up points/geometry?

Is there a significant difference in weight balance?

Or is it just more power?

Is the engine mounted lower, higher farther forward/rearward?

Could the sme driver take either to the "limit of adhesion" and pull same times? I know acceleration is a factor, but lets say in the wet?
The engine is mounted in the same place. The transmissions on the cars are different. The GT2 RS's is modified to handle the power. The GT2 RS also has much more torque. We're talking 199ft-lbs of more torque. The GT3 RS has a larger engine (3.8 vs. 3.6), the exhaust systems are different in every way, the GT2 RS has sensors for measuring air mass, the GT3 RS is 55 lbs lighter, and the GT2 RS has an astonishing .1 more cubic luggage space with the rear seats down. The GT3 RS is an inch longer, yet half an inch shorter in height than the GT2 RS, the fuel tank capacity is the same, the GT2 RS goes into more detail for weight loss, and the GT2 RS gets better mileage than the GT3 RS. Actually, the GT2 RS gets a very respectful 23mpg highway, and the GT3 RS gets 21mpg. That's better than a Camry with four people in it. The suspensions on the car do seem the same, however. I hope I helped.
I used to do the 2D drawings, but after I started learn 3D studio Max at home, I just found it more challenging.

I'm hoping next to build one of my designs. don't Laugh but I have this idea for a Tiburon, with a body kit that I designed. Most of the body panels would be carbon fiber. The car would have everything done, from engine upgrades to ICE system. I even have this idea of removing the dashboard and replacing it with the a custom fitted dash from Toyota supra. And it aint going to be a trailer queen. So I'll be attending shows but also be driving it every day.
3d isn't my thing. I'm not laughing either. But, Toyota's aren't my thing either. Oh, wait it's a Hyundai. Good luck. I suggest sending you're design proposals to companies that make kits. Trust me something will come up. My work has been featured in a few magazines, and I'm in contact with a motorsports firm. I hope one day to design for Porsche.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-20-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ @Yonder

Also, I'm gonna say the GT3 RS does better in the rain because the 911 GT3 RS was built with wet driving, snow driving, and dirt driving all in mind. The 911 GT3 RS is not only a race car, but also a rally car.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Originally Posted by bonehead
... My guess is the majority of the 500 RS's will go to wealthy people that don't have a clue about the car.
Dono about that... I would say that about the 599GTO but maybe not the GT2 RS

... I was just confused, cause when I see the compares of the two cars and saw the differences in horsepower, I thought that the gt3 was the newer of the two...
I have seen/heard really dumb things in my life... your question is not that bad
A few things to remember, when you talk about "faster" many things need to be looked at. are you talking straight line, 0-60, club circuit etc... at BIC I think the GT3 would be far superior on the autocross track and maybe even the inner track (which has more straights) due to the 3.8 naturally aspirated engine. Put them on the full track with all these straight and the GT2RS will be way ahead.

Oh generally in "GTx" the lower the number the higher the performance

Old 08-20-2010, 02:53 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
the GT2RS would beat the GT3RS on every track

even the GT2 was 1 sec faster than the RS around the Hockenheimring

the GT2RS pretty much has everything the GT3RS has plus more hp,torque and a different/stiffer PASM setting and suspension setup.
and it is 50-80 kg lighter than the RS

Old 09-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
dmanero is an unknown quantity at this point
I was reading an article in the new Automobile about the GT2 RS and it states that the rollcage does not comlpy with u.s. standards. how is that even possible. It's one a safety feature, plus alot of customs cars that are tuned by people add a rollcage in for safety and points when been judge at shows.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
It's one a safety feature, plus alot of customs cars that are tuned by people add a rollcage in for safety and points when been judge at shows.
what?

Old 09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Tristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura aboutTristan has a spectacular aura about
I think people can be thrown off by the fact that generally you would think the GT3 would be 'better' because 3 comes after 2. This through me off when I originally didn't know the GT2RS had forced induction as opposed to the NA GT3RS.