Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scud vs rs.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Doc., Absolutely spot on comparison and well written!! I was very curious as to your opinion and captivated by every word. The truest of sublime enthusiasts could be empassioned by your thirst for only the best of the best. You have done well my friend, very well indeed!! Thank you for the visual dance between these two machines!! All the best, Kenny

Old 08-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
No one else noticed Jas has a big screen IN HIS GARAGE?!?!?!

Old 08-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by RufMD
Thanks mate, I've not tracked the 16M yet...but there is a track nearby that holds frequent events so I'm looking forward to that soon. The RS would be my first choice to take to the track to be honest...its just set up to drive from home, have a wail at the track, then drive home again

I think you should satisfy your curiosity about the scud...it might end up costing you in the end, but will be well worth it !
After you post I had to take the rs out again just to see. Well I'm truly satisfied it's the car for me. On track I have heard it is faster than the scud in stock form and far less costly to run. The manual is also important for me, it adds that extra dimension to the skill of good driving.

The scud is an itch I will have to scratch at some point, just not yet I'm loving the rs too much and can't have both.

Well done, look forward to more reviews!

Old 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
Crash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished road
Wow, excellent write up.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:04 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Jas, thanks for a great write up!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Your stables are off side, they are so nice! Spectacular collection and the home you provide for them!

Old 08-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
Condor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enough
Here are some stats that you may find useful comparing these 2 cars vehicles;

Ferrari 430 Scuderia vs Porsche 997 GT3 RS (facelift) - FastestLaps.com

Old 08-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thwn

Originally Posted by Condor Man
Here are some stats that you may find useful comparing these 2 cars vehicles;

Ferrari 430 Scuderia vs Porsche 997 GT3 RS (facelift) - FastestLaps.com
I'm not sure that is realistic. Firstly I don't think the car has been round the top gear track. Secondly it is faster in dry tracks Than the scud yet slower in the wet. This is obviously down to the fact the Porsche runs on cups. Lastly there is the wear and tear and sustainability factor. The scud is supposed to go through brakes on track at a very alarming rate, both disks and pads. The guys That regularly track them change the disks to steel apparently. Also heard to keep up with well driven gt3s they need a gt3 aero kit, although may have misinterpreted that.

The difference in purchasing cost between the two cars is negligible today. What may set them apart is track reliability And general hardiness.

Last edited by woppum; 08-21-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Jas, absolutely awesome writeup...enjoyed reading it to the end and the pictures complemented it as well...truly is a tough choice between the two it seems

Old 08-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
Condor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by woppum
I'm not sure that is realistic. Firstly I don't think the car has been round the top gear track. Secondly it is faster in dry tracks Than the scud yet slower in the wet. This is obviously down to the fact the Porsche runs on cups. Lastly there is the wear and tear and sustainability factor. The scud is supposed to go through brakes on track at a very alarming rate, both disks and pads. The guys That regularly track them change the disks to steel apparently. Also heard to keep up with well driven gt3s they need a gt3 aero kit, although may have misinterpreted that.

The difference in purchasing cost between the two cars is negligible today. What may set them apart is track reliability And general hardiness.

This months (Sep) Top Gear Magazine has the GT3RS at 1:21.

The Lambo S/L at 1:20.8.

The 458 at 1:19.1

The LFA at 1:22.6

The SLS at 1:21.6

All Driven by the Stig.

Having stated this, I do agree. These tests very much depend on the tyre condition, weather temp, fuel levels, setup changes.

I find that the Nurburgring is always a great benchmark as it has different sections of track that can be comporable to Race circuits and others can be comporables to roads conditions.

Quick Reply: Scud vs rs.2