Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The REAL Porsche 918 Spyder Nürburgring time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
]one of the reasons I came on here was for the sole purpose of what I'm going to do with my life, gain knowledge, and much more.
Stop posting so much and start reading more.

That's all I really do on this board besides post in Pit Stop and the Off Topic Lounge.

There are so many resources on this board it's crazy. Just relax, take a deep breath, and read.

I wish I had someone telling me this when I was your age honestly. It would have solved a lot of headaches and I would probably have a little bit of a different life.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I really do appreciate that post and I'm starting to understand now. If I'm called dumb by someone, what good will it do me to argue? Like Chris said, it will only get worse. I think I needed this. Thanks for that.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-12-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
^ Good f**king move. I am only 15 for your information and I do not go around telling everyone how good I am and how much I know about cars. Think before you 'speak' Lol and about the your reputation level, it obviously does matter to you or you would not be pointing it out .

As for the speculated time, I will have to see it to believe it.

EDIT: What cars precisely have you been driven in that are faster than the Carrera GT? No videos/pictures, no proof.

Last edited by B4rad; 08-12-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on. Does that say there will be a Porsche 918 RS Spyder in the 4th row!!!????

Old 08-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
carreragt558 is on a distinguished roadcarreragt558 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by B4rad
Hang on. Does that say there will be a Porsche 918 RS Spyder in the 4th row!!!????
No.... It says that the prototype is using the RS Spyder (racing car) engine.

Porschemay.... Stop crying and Just DO what other member tells you to do. You good at doing those renderings and stuff... (BTW your rendering appeared in the last issue of Top Gear Magazine)
But you don't know everything so act accordingly. You said that Porsche made you believed whatever they wanted...Why would it be different for you? Why do you think you would know more than us, mere mortals?

Last edited by carreragt558; 08-12-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B4rad
EDIT: What cars precisely have you been driven in that are faster than the Carrera GT? No videos/pictures, no proof.
I've been in a 516hp twin turbocharged (on the video I said single, oops) 911 (996) GT3 converted to a GT3 RS at full throttle. It can reach 160 in 4th gear. The car was done by IMA motorsports.

That thing was scary fast, but when we were done, the person that gave me the ride said that was nothing, and you don't really feel anything till 3rd gear. Ya, because 80mph in 2nd gear in a parking lot is nothing... Not sure if it was 'faster', if not, on par. It was lighter.

And also remember, the Carrera GT only makes 578hp at the rear wheels, so this thing's only 61hp off.

YouTube - Porsche 911 GT3 "Turbo RS" revs, and ride.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by carreragt558
(BTW your rendering appeared in the last issue of Top Gear Magazine)

Do you have a scanned image?

That's an honor for me.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
yadda yadda yadda

And also remember, the Carrera GT only makes 578hp at the rear wheels, so this thing's only 61hp off.
You act like you understand the difference between whp and hp at the crank and yet you still make this statement??

Also, please point us mere mortals in the direction of (a proper) source regarding the 7:20 ring time claim.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ what's wrong with the statement? AWE dynoed a stock CGT at 578rwhp.

As for the time, it's only speculation.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
They still teach math in elementary school right? 516 hp at the crank is less than 578 hp at the wheels. Even if the CGT dynoed in at say 500 whp it still would be more powerful than that GT3. Google "drivetrain loss".

Quick Reply: The REAL Porsche 918 Spyder Nürburgring time.