Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The REAL Porsche 918 Spyder Nürburgring time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Ban.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
^^, I know exactly what you mean Chris. I'm not stupid (no offense to you).

The thing I don't like about the internet is it's impossible to interpret vocal tone, making people come across as crazy, or uneducated.

I do things differently than others so I'm not expecting you to understand.

Point of this thread is though, the 918 Spyder is capable of the 'ring in 7:20.

Not to brag or anything though, I once left a salesmen at a Ferrari dealer lost for words because he didn't know something very simple about the new (now old) 430. I'm not dumb. Most of my facts come from either press releases, or interpretations of Porsche's history. Also, the web cinema is a great place with very detailed videos on the development of their vehicles.
No one called you dumb. No one commented on your "tone". My beef is that you continue to try to regale us with your incomparable knowledge. Just about everyone on this site knows ALL the stuff you know. Most know much more. For you to make statements like "the 918 Spyder is capable of the 'Ring in 7:20" shows incredible amounts of naivete (or arrogance or both).

Your last paragraph is PRECISELY the kind of crap we don't want to hear about. Kids like you are impressive until they ACT like they're impressive. Then they just become annoying.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I was called dumb, but I don't care. I'm also aware that people on here do know much more than me. It doesn't take much to figure that out. Quote Ferdinand on the 'ring time not me.

Sorry if I'm annoying though.

And I wouldn't say they know all the stuff I know. I'm pretty sure they know most of it, but not all of it.

Don't quote me on anything I say unless it's from a trusted source.

Speculation never hurts

I'll also let you know, I'm not arrogant at all. Like I said, things come across differently on the internet than they do in real life. When I talk to Porsche owners with more knowledge than me in real life, we have a good conversation. When it's online, it usually doesn't end well.

So I'm not going to even argue at all anymore because it's not worth it. I'm just trying to say, don't take me to seriously. Think about that the next time you read one of my posts.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-11-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
^^ I was called dumb, but I don't care. I'm also aware that people on here do know much more than me. It doesn't take much to figure that out. Quote Ferdinand on the 'ring time not me.

Sorry if I'm annoying though.

And I wouldn't say they know all the stuff I know. I'm pretty sure they know most of it, but not all of it.

Don't quote me on anything I say unless it's from a trusted source.

Speculation never hurts
Speculations, sure. Talking like "Porsche will do yada yada yada" is a little different.
You know a lot for your age and the fact you don't have a job in the industry. No one can deny that, however you nor I know exactly who's on these boards and what positions they hold. I wouldn't make such broad statements about your knowledge.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Thanks.

When I speculate, I kind of feel like I'm writing a press release and use definitive words such as "will".

Don't take it seriously.

NO speculation should be taken seriously. A little speculation goes no where, a lot of speculation, however, could find out a new exterior color

And I do admire the positions of the people on this board, and one of the reasons I came on here was for the sole purpose of what I'm going to do with my life, gain knowledge, and much more. I also came on here for speculative information, including renders, and detailed information.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-11-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
It's getting deeper...

Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Can we start over? I've never had a formal introduction, I guess I came right into it with no experience, but I've learned my lesson.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-11-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Can we start on another hole, please? I've never had a formal introduction, I guess I came right into it with no experience, but I've learned my lesson.
That's what she said.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^I was waiting for you to say it.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Doesn't matter, already quoted and screenshot.

Quick Reply: The REAL Porsche 918 Spyder Nürburgring time.