Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The REAL Porsche 918 Spyder Nürburgring time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 06:29 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
There is no way the one concept car is hot-lapping at the ring

Also - 7:27 in your stock CGT at the 'ring on FM3...sounds fishy

Old 08-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ljg
There is no way the one concept car is hot-lapping at the ring

Also - 7:27 in your stock CGT at the 'ring on FM3...sounds fishy
Who knows. Maybe Porsche digitally made a production prototype and simulated it at 7:20. Maybe they r-ran it? All I know is that Porsche said it was 7:30 simulated, now, Ferdinand Piech is saying it's 7:20.

And to psdrei, I like to think of it as new benchmark road car every ten years...

40/50's First Porsche
60's 911
70's 911 Turbo
80's 959
90's 911 GT1
2000's Carrera GT
10's 918 Spyder

Old 08-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
I love how you think you know what Porsche is doing. LOL
You have no idea. People know what Porsche wants them to know, that's what you know and rumors. That's it. Nothing more. It's very simple, they are not new to this.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
I've got a Carrera GT down to 7:27 on FM3.
Get on XBL right now and message me.

Ax3lIm4ging.

Let's see your skills bud.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X2daC
Get on XBL right now and message me.

Ax3lIm4ging.

Let's see your skills bud.
I don't have xbl. Remember though, the Nurbugring in FM3 is 3 miles longer than it is in real life. I found that out by measuring the mileage on the odometer. The actual time of my lap was 7:30, but, on the real life 'ring, the start/stop line is different, and it takes off 3 seconds.

I did tune the Carrera GT though to meet exact real-life standards, because it is a bit slower in-game than it should be.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by 81911
I love how you think you know what Porsche is doing. LOL
You have no idea. People know what Porsche wants them to know, that's what you know and rumors. That's it. Nothing more. It's very simple, they are not new to this.
Porsche's new phrase is "Do EVERYTHING differently. Differently than is excepted, but don't touch that Porsche crest".

The only thing you can expect that WILL be in the speculated model is their design DNA.

Porsche also tends to sugar coat things to lower expectations, and blow you away when you test it.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have xbl. Remember though, the Nurbugring in FM3 is 3 miles longer than it is in real life. I found that out by measuring the mileage on the odometer. The actual time of my lap was 7:30, but, on the real life 'ring, the start/stop line is different, and it takes off 3 seconds.

I did tune the Carrera GT though to meet exact real-life standards, because it is a bit slower in-game than it should be.
You're 12, you do NOT know how fast the CGT actually is in real life. I don't even personally know. All of the CGTs I've seen have been parked.

So tell me tootsie pop, how do you know how fast the CGT is? Especially on the Nurburgring Nordschlief. A track most of us have wet dreams about.

And please message me your gamer tag, I would like to watch this replay.

PS, do you know how much time T10 spent on recreating the Nordschlief? Maybe take the foot out of your mouth and go do some reading.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ I'm not dumb. I know that they drove the track with a caddy, and took more than 25,000 pictures. Every game still has it's mistakes. And I said, I don't have xbl. As for how fast the Carrera GT, I went off of factory specs.

I've been in cars faster than the Carrera GT, so I do have some say.

And, I'm not 12. I'm nearly 14.

Just because I'm young doesn't mean anything.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-11-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
And, I'm not 12. I'm nearly 14.

Just because I'm young doesn't mean anything.
It means you DON'T KNOW SHIT. Of course, you won't realize this until you're about 25 or so, but save these threads and read them in about 15 years. You'll be embarrassed for yourself.

You're telling a community with probably the highest number of REAL Carrera GTs, and likely REAL 918 Spyder buyers what "the truth" is. Again, there is a word called "hubris". Look it up. You need to restrain yours.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^, I know exactly what you mean Chris. I'm not stupid (no offense to you). I couldn't agree more that I will feel stupid, but that's not going to stop me. I can also guarantee that you will feel you were being harsh.

The thing I don't like about the internet is it's impossible to interpret vocal tone, making people come across as crazy, or uneducated.

I do things differently than others so I'm not expecting you to understand.

Point of this thread is though, the 918 Spyder is capable of the 'ring in 7:20.

Not to brag or anything though, I once left a salesmen at a Ferrari dealer lost for words because he didn't know something very simple about the new (now old) 430. I'm not dumb. Most of my facts come from either press releases, or interpretations of Porsche's history. Also, the web cinema is a great place with very detailed videos on the development of their vehicles.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-11-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply: The REAL Porsche 918 Spyder Nürburgring time.