Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The REAL Porsche 918 Spyder Nürburgring time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
^ not true various test mules have been seen lapping the fm3 e-ring

Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LBMA5820
If the 918 has actually lapped the NR, we would have seen pictures of it.

I don't believe this car has seen any more track time than the time it took them to shoot their video footage.

Not a single mule has been seen anywhere.
If Porsche hasn't formally released the time, there would be no pictures. Also, last time I checked there was only ONE set of spy shots of the Carrera GT, and they weren't on the Nurburgring. When Porsche develops their ultra-cars they keep all of the information extremely confidential and attempt to hide the car at all costs until the reveal, where they will then release a development video.

BTW, the reason not a single mule has been seen anywhere is because they're aren't any. The concept car as far as we know is the only 918 Spyder in existence. Porsche isn't that far into development yet with the 918.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LBMA5820
If the 918 has actually lapped the NR, we would have seen pictures of it.

I don't believe this car has seen any more track time than the time it took them to shoot their video footage.

Not a single mule has been seen anywhere.
agreed!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
psdrei is on a distinguished roadpsdrei is on a distinguished road
Talking

If our liebe Ferdinand Piëch said so,then It must be true
Auto-König knows everything about cars

Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
If Porsche hasn't formally released the time, there would be no pictures. Also, last time I checked there was only ONE set of spy shots of the Carrera GT, and they weren't on the Nurburgring. When Porsche develops their ultra-cars they keep all of the information extremely confidential and attempt to hide the car at all costs until the reveal, where they will then release a development video.

BTW, the reason not a single mule has been seen anywhere is because they're aren't any. The concept car as far as we know is the only 918 Spyder in existence. Porsche isn't that far into development yet with the 918.
Thanks for the clarification. I see everything clearer now.

Your original post implied that Porsche has run the car on the NR and has an actual time.

All I am saying is that I don't believe they have run the concept anywhere yet other than around for video footage.

I stand by my original comments.

Welcome to the world of concept cars.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:14 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
There are no official 918's out other than the concept. Yet they do have cars disguised as caymen using the drivetrain. Also the 918 has been driven more than on and off a stage. I saw the car yesterday and there is already a nice layer of road grime on the car.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
There are no official 918's out other than the concept. Yet they do have cars disguised as caymen using the drivetrain. Also the 918 has been driven more than on and off a stage. I saw the car yesterday and there is already a nice layer of road grime on the car.
Well, it's good to see that they're actually USING the 918 Spyder, and it's not just for show. To the guy that said it's for show, most of the clips of the 918 in the footage was rendered, not real.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, it's good to see that they're actually USING the 918 Spyder, and it's not just for show. To the guy that said it's for show, most of the clips of the 918 in the footage was rendered, not real.
Yes most of the footage was rendered but not all of it.

Using the 918 at this point should be taken lightly. I have seen the concept in person at it is just that at this point a concept.

Yes it starts and drives but I doubt that anyone has driven that car over 30 MPH.

Even Porsche has said that it may evolve quite a bit before we see the production version.

Sean, what did they say in Pebble? How close will it be to the production car? I will ask but it will have to wait until it gets to our coast in a week or so.

Porsche....., while I enjoy your enthusiasm for the brand, how old are you again?

Old 08-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ Wrong. The 918 has been driven on the German autobahn, and if you know Porsche test drivers they don't take it easy.

Also, Porsche does tend to develop their cars at the Nurburgring.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Wrong. The 918 has been driven on the German autobahn, and if you know Porsche test drivers they don't take it easy.

Also, Porsche does tend to develop their cars at the Nurburgring.
I'm sure the test drivers are taking it easy with the prototype show car, it is after all worth over $20mill. I'm sure though its different with the mule cars.

Quick Reply: The REAL Porsche 918 Spyder Nürburgring time.