Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Love the new sidemarkers! Cool event.

That cover is SOO tight. Seems like it'd be a bitch to put on or take off, without any extra benefit of being so tight?

Old 09-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Awesome event! Anymore pics/info on the blue 930? Know what color it is?

BTW that cover looks crazy, I have no idea how it goes over the wing!
I only got to talk to the owner of the beautiful 930 very briefly - he had done some pretty significant modifications to it that I didn't get a chance to photograph but it was very well done. The paint is Maritime Blue.

The cover is nuts. I put it all the way over the front splitter and I'm nervous when I take the cover off it will slingshot into outer space. It's a nice material though, akin to Ferrari's beautiful indoor covers. I'm waiting for my outdoor cover to come in, will post pics of that when it arrives.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by wyatth
Love the new sidemarkers! Cool event.

That cover is SOO tight. Seems like it'd be a bitch to put on or take off, without any extra benefit of being so tight?
Thanks guys for the kind words, the event was a fun time, so thanks again to Jon for giving me the heads up. We were both surprised there weren't any CGTs or 997.1 RSs but great turnout overall.

There are absolutely no benefits to the cover being that tight except that it looks sexy as hell and prevents geese and other wild animals from trying to slip under the cover. Word of advice to any people considering buying the cover - do NOT buy it if you have a front plate mounted because it will certainly not fit.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rjmontoya
I only got to talk to the owner of the beautiful 930 very briefly - he had done some pretty significant modifications to it that I didn't get a chance to photograph but it was very well done. The paint is Maritime Blue.

The cover is nuts. I put it all the way over the front splitter and I'm nervous when I take the cover off it will slingshot into outer space. It's a nice material though, akin to Ferrari's beautiful indoor covers. I'm waiting for my outdoor cover to come in, will post pics of that when it arrives.
That was the color I was thinking, I WILL have a 911 painted maritime someday. Either a new one, PTS or buy and old one and have it repainted; it is simply gorgeous.
Like this...

Name:  IMG_0960.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  215.5 KB

The top does look sexy! Good luck taking it on and off

Last edited by TeutonicCarFan; 09-12-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
RickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that's not a bad first Porsche! Looks great, perfectly spec'd! =)

Old 09-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Symbolic Motors is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, all that I have to say is wow. What an amazing, AMAZING car! Congrats!!!

-Spencer

Old 09-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
kabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond repute
Love the car, love the steering wheel. Congrats!

Old 09-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Old 09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud ofYoan@ForzaForged has much to be proud of
Congrats!!! Great choice for your first Porsche. Lucky!

Old 10-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Ryan thanks a million for everything. Today I was lucky enough to get a ride in Ryans amazing 997.2 GT3 rs, if that wasn't enough he let me drive this amazing machine. Surprizingly it was very easy to drive. Easy to start, easy to shift, and drive. The sound is amazing, I didn't get on it but Ryan did and I will lose sleep over how crazy the sound was. Thanks again Ryan, hope tomorrow we get to take out the CS.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: My First Porsche