Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do I start!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Where do I start!

Where shall I start with my headache.

1. The tyre is flat, tried re-inflating it and it is quickly loosing psi.

2. ATS have been round for 2 hours. The problem is the centre lock wheel nut requires a larger socket than a normal torque wrench. It also needs 500psi of force rather than the max psi of 350 for the best normal wrenches!

3. RAC came round through Porsche. same thing happened. Kept ATS here to fit the tyre if RAC had the tools, which it didnt!

4. The car is being collected by a flatbed tomorrow to go to Guildford (they dont know yet!) to get a bloody puncture taken care of!

5. I bought a set of £1600 Torfeo's. They look ace, but the front tyres are 235 and a lower profile than the standard cups. I think they are the old RS sizes. I sent a driver from London to Birmingham to pick the tyres up. He will now have to go back tomorrow to sort the fronts out, god knows if they have the size. It should also be mentioned that i didn’t need a set apparently. The tyres all have around 3mm left, not of the canvas like the emergency phone call this morning!

6. Looks like no chance i will make my private track day of 7 cars tomorrow that I was invited to by clients of a friend. Apparently 16M, enzo etc will all be there on track and I will now be missing it. Paid for the insurance for the trackday and taken the day off work.

I should have just bought a CGT. Would have been cheaper and less hassle.

Dont know what, but any advice appreciated!

A pissed off Wopps!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
Where shall I start with my headache.

1. The tyre is flat, tried re-inflating it and it is quickly loosing psi.

2. ATS have been round for 2 hours. The problem is the centre lock wheel nut requires a larger socket than a normal torque wrench. It also needs 500psi of force rather than the max psi of 350 for the best normal wrenches!

3. RAC came round through Porsche. same thing happened. Kept ATS here to fit the tyre if RAC had the tools, which it didnt!

4. The car is being collected by a flatbed tomorrow to go to Guildford (they dont know yet!) to get a bloody puncture taken care of!

5. I bought a set of £1600 Torfeo's. They look ace, but the front tyres are 235 and a lower profile than the standard cups. I think they are the old RS sizes. I sent a driver from London to Birmingham to pick the tyres up. He will now have to go back tomorrow to sort the fronts out, god knows if they have the size. It should also be mentioned that i didn’t need a set apparently. The tyres all have around 3mm left, not of the canvas like the emergency phone call this morning!

6. Looks like no chance i will make my private track day of 7 cars tomorrow that I was invited to by clients of a friend. Apparently 16M, enzo etc will all be there on track and I will now be missing it. Paid for the insurance for the trackday and taken the day off work.

I should have just bought a CGT. Would have been cheaper and less hassle.

Dont know what, but any advice appreciated!

A pissed off Wopps!!!
Wow - that's rough. Sorry to hear. Maybe do a 1 day rental of an Elise or something so the day isn't a total waste?

Or else demand a loaner from Porsche!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
nah, if it dosent happen it dosent happen. have to write my losses off and carry on sadly

Old 06-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear man, sh!t happens for a reason. Cheer up you still have this in your stable.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Porker is an unknown quantity at this point
I experienced the same trouble as you when trying to remove a friends' wheel at a trackay in Abbeville. A stone got jammed in the discbrake, all we needed to do was to remove the wheel... Sounds easy.

I suggest you buy a proper wrench set like that friend did, it's capable of +500Nm.

Good luck with it!

Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Full-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura about
Why don t you buy an extra set of wheels and a proper torque wrench youreself.

When my GT3 arrives i am certainly gonna buy me a torque wrench to get my wheels off.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
I should have just bought a CGT.
always the best idea

Old 06-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe if you had been able to drive tomorrow something worse had broken or maybe you'd have been involved in a crash. Yeah I know, rather unlikely, but if you think of it that way maybe you'll feel less pissed off.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
OFFRAILS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Full-lock
Why don t you buy an extra set of wheels and a proper torque wrench youreself.

When my GT3 arrives i am certainly gonna buy me a torque wrench to get my wheels off.
Not a good idea to use a torque wrench to take off the wheels.
Rich

Old 06-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: Where do I start!