Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAVVYBOY-Crashed his GT3RS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation SAVVYBOY-Crashed his GT3RS!!!

This is copied and pasted, but they are Pete's words.

I know I'm speaking on behalf of everyone when I say "THANK GOD YOU'RE ALRIGHT!!"

From Pete-

It is going to get public so I might as well announce it and clear the air. My RS went into the pit wall at Thunderhill today. It occured after exiting turn 15, and the track was wet.

Aside from a nasty bruise where the airbag exploded into my arm while I was still trying to steer my way out, I am fine but the car is probably totaled. I have track day insurance.

*The group sponsoring this event is ultra professional and safe and had nothing to do with my off* Nor did any other drivers.

The facts behind why this occured (driver error or mechanical failure) will be explored and when they are fully known I will share. Need to carefully examine the car which will be done as soon as possible.

I did not j-hook it, did not get into the exit berm or the puddle beside it, steering wheel was straight, car was straight, and throttle application was measured and moderate. I ALWAYS drive with PSM and Traction control activated.

The car was straight and settled, then it was instantly sideways.

The car impacted the pit wall on the RF, went airborne while similtanously rotating the passenger side and right rear into the wall, and landed back on its feet.

I have never had a serious off, never even came close to a scary moment in my RS. Handling was always forgiving, benign and progressive.

One person has seen the video and I won't post it becuase I don't want to scare newbies and/or risk hurting the activity that I love so much. Aside from getting ahead of the inevitable 2nd /3rd hand reports, my reason for posting is this:

Let my incident be your lesson. My HANS device saved my neck. My full face helmet with visor saved my corneas from my airbag. My 6 point harness spead the impact evenly over my body. Forget the loud exhaust, wheels, and other various bells and whistles and invest in proper safety gear before anything else.

Stuff can happen to anybody at anytime. Be safe.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
All that matters is Pete is safe and sound! Savyboy is a true enthusiast and we are glad nothing happened to you Pete as metal can be replaced, you my friend can not!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Let my incident be your lesson. My HANS device saved my neck. My full face helmet with visor saved my corneas from my airbag. My 6 point harness spead the impact evenly over my body. Forget the loud exhaust, wheels, and other various bells and whistles and invest in proper safety gear before anything else.
Best advice. Ever.

Glad he is ok and sharing the lessons learned.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor
Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
We are glad your ok. The car can be replaced.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
"Let my incident be your lesson. My HANS device saved my neck. My full face helmet with visor saved my corneas from my airbag. My 6 point harness spread the impact evenly over my body. Forget the loud exhaust, wheels, and other various bells and whistles and invest in proper safety gear before anything else."

AMEN!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Glad Pete is okay. Car can be replaced.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Truly sorry to read about this.
Your safety first, there's always another car but not one of you.
All the best and you'll be back.

Ranger

Old 05-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
Definitely glad you are all right!!! Cars are replaceable.

Rest up and get back on the horse!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Wow glad you are good.

must have hit a puddle elsewhere. hydroplane will throw a car sideways in 1 second from just 1/4" of water.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
Very happy to hear he's OK...

But you cannot emphasize enough how important the safety equipment is... I cant stress this enough to our customers & fellow TS Members!

Quick Reply: SAVVYBOY-Crashed his GT3RS!!!