Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAVVYBOY-Crashed his GT3RS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010 | 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Good to hear nothing happened to you.
The way you describe the handling reminds me of the test I read in Auto, Motor & Sport about the new RS. On dry surface it remains almost always controllable. However on a wet surface the car reaches its limit without any kind of warning and once it does it's very hard to get it back in controle.
I'm not entirely sure if this characteristic was only with TC off, it sounds weird how it would just lose controle like that with all safety settings on...

Last edited by Ludas; 05-29-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2010 | 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
must have hit a puddle elsewhere. hydroplane will throw a car sideways in 1 second from just 1/4" of water.

If one minute you're tootling along just fine, and the next you're out of control, with TC/PSM fully active, hydroplaning is the best explanation. Nothing to be done about that - fat rear tires + low tread = limited ability to evacuate standing water. All you need is a thin film of water to eliminate contact between the tire and the ground, and you're a-slithery. Either that, or a pretty significant mechanical failure (even an exploded tire would give you some time to react).

Old 05-28-2010 | 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
wurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to all
Glad to hear Savy is ok!
It would be interesting to hear if the coolant did not spill over one of the rear wheels due to a fitting failure, as seen elsewhere...
Best of luck for recovery!
w

Old 05-28-2010 | 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear about your accident, but happy you are not hurt. Great advice to heed as a track day looms on the horizon.

Old 05-28-2010 | 02:21 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear of your accident Pete!! You were doing what the RS was meant to do!! Glad you are o.k. and insurance is there for a reason.. Take care Pal!!

Old 05-28-2010 | 02:29 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Great news that Pete is AOK. Great advice on the safety equipment.

Old 05-28-2010 | 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
That's sad to hear about the car, but very good advice about having the proper safety equipment. I've been tracking my M3 with just a helmet and standard belts, but I plan a half cage, paired with seats, harnesses, and HANS for my future track car.

While I eagerly await the findings from the investigation, I agree with PMac and h20's theory about the cause.

Good to know Pete is okay!!

Old 05-28-2010 | 03:12 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
What a classy response from a class act.

Old 05-28-2010 | 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gutted for you mate! Glad that you're ok and that you were able to walk from this nasty accident.

Old 05-28-2010 | 03:51 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear that he's ok. I liked his remarks too.

Quick Reply: SAVVYBOY-Crashed his GT3RS!!!