Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little RS review after 5 weeks ownership

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Full-lock
I have raced GT3 cup cars. The driving style is very different to front engined cars.

You need to brake more speed out of it then front engined cars. Front engine cars have more entry speed. And you can balance the car midcorner.
With the porsche you need to attack corners more in a triangle way. Brake late go a little wide then speed gets out and then you steer to apex and accelerate out. With the CSL you make to corner more round then steer to the apex and balance under and oversteer with throttle. The GT3 gets it s main advantage in late braking and slingshot out of corners. Balancing throttle for under and oversteer won t work with a GT3. To early on throttle is understeer. You need to find the sweetspot when you don t have the understeer to power out of corners. Never play with the throttle midbend with gt3 it only gives understeer.

my english is not that good but i hope you understand.
Understood perfectly, agreed 100%.

Thanks for making the effort to write all that out..haha

Old 05-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Full-lock
I have raced GT3 cup cars. The driving style is very different to front engined cars.

You need to brake more speed out of it then front engined cars. Front engine cars have more entry speed. And you can balance the car midcorner.
With the porsche you need to attack corners more in a triangle way. Brake late go a little wide then speed gets out and then you steer to apex and accelerate out. With the CSL you make to corner more round then steer to the apex and balance under and oversteer with throttle. The GT3 gets it s main advantage in late braking and slingshot out of corners. Balancing throttle for under and oversteer won t work with a GT3. To early on throttle is understeer. You need to find the sweetspot when you don t have the understeer to power out of corners. Never play with the throttle midbend with gt3 it only gives understeer.

my english is not that good but i hope you understand.
Got it plenty. thanks for the tips mate!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Full-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura about
If you need any more advice just ask.

I have raced since i was 9 years old i am getting old now 37 now Still race a lot and do race and drift instruction. I mainly race BMW. I have bought myself a new 997 GT3 clubsport it comes july it wil see some tracks eventually