Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 911 GT3 Cup Spied (Old Video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Talking 997.2 911 GT3 Cup Spied (Old Video)

At New Jersey Motorsports Park last April/May during the SWCGT race, I noticed the new LEDs on the #14 Teamspeed sponsored ( ) Porsche 911 WC-GT3 Cup. I confronted a random guy that looked like he knew something and asked him about the LEDs (remember the 997.2 911 GT3 Cup hasn't been unveiled at this time). He then told me not to say anything (it feels safe now because the car has been unveiled), "but this one's a little different." It had LEDs and a wider rear track, and he claimed that Porsche has sent 25 911 (997.2) GT3 Cups to customer teams in the world to test them. If all of this is true, thank you GMG for helping in the development of the 997.2 GT3 Cup, and if you guys just exchanged the tail-lights, then I feel pretty stupid. Here is a very poor quality (sound and video) that I took at that race. And in-case you were wondering the #2 Volvo you see in first won, and the #1 Volvo (shown in last video) got a pit penalty, came out in dead last, but made up all of the positions to finish the race in 2nd. The featured #14 did not do so well, but placed 1st in the previous race which took place at Long Beach. I'm also very sorry for my horrible filming, but as stated before, the camera was very ghetto and I had to convert the format..

YouTube - SPIED: 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

And here are a bunch of non related videos just because, why not?

YouTube - Wrecked Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

YouTube - SPEED World Challenge GT Flybys

YouTube - Porsche Carrera GT at Track

YouTube - SPEED World Challenge GT Flybys

EDIT: Yes, I now acknowledge my mistake that they were retro-fitted. I guess I asked the wrong guy... Well, he had GMG logos on his shirt