Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The GT2RS/GT2 Picture Thread......Go!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
That be my old car. Has less than 500 miles on the clock as of today.
I think I saw your old yellow GT2 for sale as well.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:38 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
That be my old car. Has less than 500 miles on the clock as of today.
sounds like you got to enjoy it

Old 04-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
HI GT Cole,

Hmm..you owned a GT2RS and sold it again...and replaced it with a 4.0..- well both cars are great..but the hell why didnt you keep them both??

Arent you missing the turbo power form the GT2RS?

greetings,

Old 04-13-2012, 10:53 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
tractibility > power to him obviously

Old 04-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by IIVVX
tractibility > power to him obviously
well - yes and no. I know the GT2RS quite well too - its power delivery is very linear..improved from the normal GT2...so..that argument doesnt really count (at least not for me)..

But..anyhow..the 4.0 is also great..on average I would say it looks better - -sounds better.. - but performance wise..nothing can beat a turbo..

Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 PM
FIGJAM
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
well - yes and no. I know the GT2RS quite well too - its power delivery is very linear..improved from the normal GT2...so..that argument doesnt really count (at least not for me)..
yes because the powerband on the turbo is really comparable to the 4.0 isnt it

Old 04-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
GT3RS and GT2RS are two completely difference beasts. The GT3 platform was designed with tracking in mind whereas the GT2 is a combination of tracking and all out performance and the "turbo" powerband is not quite as "predictable" or linear as a naturally aspirated engine no matter how you look at it.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by atomic80
GT3RS and GT2RS are two completely difference beasts. The GT3 platform was designed with tracking in mind whereas the GT2 is a combination of tracking and all out performance and the "turbo" powerband is not quite as "predictable" or linear as a naturally aspirated engine no matter how you look at it.
Fully correct...but what I was trying to say is that the GT2RS is the most predictable 911 "turbo" I know..and its quite linear..

btw: we all know that the GT3 also only really pulls above 5000rpm..so its not really "linear" either..

I heard the 4.0 is better in this respect..but I have never driven it..

Old 04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
IMO the GT2 and GT3 are completely different cars on the track.. I can easily see why one would appeal more to certain people than the other..

Old 04-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
beat that dead horse

Quick Reply: The GT2RS/GT2 Picture Thread......Go!