Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Teamspeed Porsche 918 Picture & Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
Zeus there are no batteries :-). Only two electric motors that I believe are powered by the flywheel and brake energy. 6-7 seconds of E-Boost is what I read. The weight penalty of the hybrid drive system is very small.

I am sure E-Boost would be fantastic exiting a turn.
Watch the two videos posted by Rico above. The 918 does have batteries that sit amidships. They weigh about 100kg. The the 918 is still a light car at about 1380kg

Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by streetrod454
Watch the two videos posted by Rico above. The 918 does have batteries that sit amidships. They weigh about 100kg. The the 918 is still a light car at about 1380kg
Thanks I did not realize. It is written in the description posted earlier.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ferrari FL
Mich Logo tires, nice touch

Man, it's hard to be cynical about something that looks that good. Wow, nice work guys.

Originally Posted by streetrod454
Yep. Unfortunately there is 220 pounds + the electric motors(gotta be heavy) that wouldn't be there in a gas only version - then again with the power output I would like to see, a slightly larger engine would only add to the weight.

I guess I really view this as a 500hp car with the "option" to be slightly more powerfull on a (very) temporary basis. But I still love the overall package nonetheless.

I wonder what Ferrari must be planning with their next hypercar...

Last edited by Zeus; 03-04-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
Size comparisons:

New Porsche 918
Porsche Carrera GT
Audi R8

Old 03-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
Its been day 2 and I still desperately want, we need a new sub forum. 918 jonesing sub forum demanded!

Old 03-06-2010, 10:28 AM
R5T
Teamspeed Senior Member
R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Holy cow.

This thing is farking amazing, sure it's partly here to appease the eco fascists but damn CGT level of performance and more economical than a Prius? Sign me up! If only they could shed some of that weight.

Originally Posted by Ferrari FL
How in the heck did they keep this a secret, not one leak, nothing
+1!

I was thinking this as well.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zeus
I respectfully & strongly disagree. Call me a caveman, but I for one would rather have this very same car not be a hybrid and powered by a more powerfull NA engine. Since "Jamie" a memeber here claims he has put a deposit down on one, I will dismiss my own predelection that this was more than a PR stunt by Porsche to appease to the hippies and the governments of the world that the hippies now control. Not that I'm knocking Porsche for going the hybrid route, since automakers around the world are tripping over themselves to be all things to all people - even those who are not their customers.

Love the 918 Spyder, and if I could afford one in the future, maybe. But my heart would still be stolen by a good old fashioned feral sounding, gas-guzzling antique.
Zeus you know how I feel about the whole issue but this is probably the best compromise possible, the Euro car companies need to come up with cars like this or they'll be choked to death by retarded EU eco regulations as soon as 2014. Of course hybrids and their associated green credentials are bullshit but if cars like this 918 are what it takes to ensure the continued existence of Porsche and its peers, so be it.

Here's to hoping that Porsche will wheel out a last hurrah 800 bhp 9k rpm V10 Carrera GT successor though!

Old 03-06-2010, 02:59 PM
the angry giant midget
cerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond reputecerberus has a reputation beyond repute
heilige nordschleife, die heiB ist!

Old 03-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Bodhii
Size comparisons:

New Porsche 918
Porsche Carrera GT
Audi R8

R.H. drive version!

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: The Official Teamspeed Porsche 918 Picture & Information Thread!