Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Akrapovic Evolution Mk2 GT3 race system

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
erliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond reputeerliuic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Md11's Video:
What a beautiful sound. Must be a great feeling to have a road so empty as to be able to park temporarily.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Md11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to all
It's the access road to the local race track, there is no traffic if there are no track events like on this day!

Originally Posted by erliuic
What a beautiful sound. Must be a great feeling to have a road so empty as to be able to park temporarily.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mr5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone tried kreissieg system ? heard the m3 akra system and its really nice. very refined with metalic like sound. gives the impression of 'quiet' power

Old 02-16-2010, 04:27 PM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mr5000
anyone tried kreissieg system ? heard the m3 akra system and its really nice. very refined with metalic like sound. gives the impression of 'quiet' power
I see Kreissieg has a 997 MK1 GT3 system, but here is the thing:
Kreissieg cat-back stainless steel system $6,333.00 tax excluded
Kreissieg Porsche 997 GT3

Kreissieg Headers stainless steel $4,222.00 tax excluded
KreissiegPorsche 997 GT3

Complete Kreissieg GT3 SS system =over $10,500.00 and it does not save any weight, unlike the 64 lbs the Akrapovic race saves.

I do not know what is sounds like or the gains, if any that it produces since they do not show any dynos on their website. I do know that in the past, many of their other systems sound great, no doubt about that; but I cannot see how anyone would pay more for a SS system that a TI system...

The Akrapovic evolution race system retails for 7.394,99 EUR. At todays exchange rate = to $10,094.00. $400 less than the kreissieg full stainless steel system, and that Akrapovic is made of titanium (40% lighter than steel). And lets just say that I have a GREAT connect for anyone interested in any Akrapovic system

Just for reference, here is a link to full pics of the Akrapovic race system for the 997 MK1 GT3:
Evolution Race exhaust system for Porsche 911 GT3/RS (997) - Akrapovic The MK2 version has some slight changes due to mainly to fitting. I'll post full pics when I get back home. Im out of town at the moment.

I also just got word that the MK2 GT3 Akrapovic evolution race system showed a peak gain of 22+ HP at their factory during testing, Vs The MK1 GT3 Akrapovic evolution race system which showed a 16+ HP gains

I will be doing before and after dynos when installed.

Last edited by GT3; 02-16-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
I hope the new akra exhaust have this "kreissieg" style of headers, thos are some awesome headers.

Last edited by Jiaim; 02-16-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 AM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
Here are some pics:

Attached Images           
Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Art. Full stop.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Love the satin aspect those akrapovic exhausts have !

do you go with a software ?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 AM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Jiaim
Love the satin aspect those akrapovic exhausts have !

do you go with a software ?
No software is required. I will do before and after dynos. A couple of weeks later, I plan to try the Evoms software and will do before and after dynos as well.

Down the road, I plan install the MK2 GT3 RS intake also, which has dual air intakes, instead of the single one the non RS GT3 has; and LWFL together with light weight pulley.

Last edited by GT3; 02-18-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
i dont think the rs intake will be justified if you don't have dual snorkels in the factory GT3 lid ?

Quick Reply: Ordered Akrapovic Evolution Mk2 GT3 race system