Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Akrapovic Evolution Mk2 GT3 race system

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! That is certainly a top quality exhaust for a superb car. Make sure to post vids and pics of your setup

Old 02-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Md11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to allMd11skipper is a name known to all
I concur with you when it comes to sound.
Power gain is a given, same header design as stock but instead of 400 cell cats, Akrappovic supplies 100 cell cats, no other manufacturer provides those.
No emission problems whatsoever!
The response is second to none and the car feels planted due to the weight loss, it's something you will notice for sure with great delight.

Originally Posted by JMD0977
Right but you've have their new race system installed since November last year and now its February and still no dynos posted anywhere? I've seen their claims but never an actual dyno. Can you post a link if there is one? I'm sure it makes power but....

I'm aware of what they say they've been doing with M&M. I think its great. Surprisingly, FVD is even more expensive than Akrapovic as far as titanium systems go. With new systems they are releasing, no dynos, and more money, I'm not willing to gamble. I gave Rhonda a call, left a message, and never heard back. Same with PM's.

I've known some direct contacts with Akrapovic for over a year, so they took care of me nicely... Manthey racing has been using their systems for years, amongst other racing teams. The power gains are proven,quality and the sound can't be matched. They also use military grade titanium. Also got a great deal.

The Sharkwerks track exhaust is a great system. It was actually my first choice, but I wanted something with a more refined sound; not too loud, that weighs less overall and produces power as well. Those who have heard a full titanium exhaust system in person, such as Akrapovic's, really understand the difference between S/S and TI sound.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Good choice , congrats

Old 02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
and buying akrapovic jewels is like buying semi-factory parts, if porsche trust them for their hi end models, it sums it all !

Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding the 63 lbs of weight savings I have question.
I know fact, the side muffler delete is 21 lbs per side. Total 42 lbs.
The OEM rear center section (resonator) is 20 lbs.
So the total is 62 lbs. So therefore the Akrapovic system is essentially weightless??
I don't know, I'm pretty stupid I guess.

Ranger

Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Regarding the 63 lbs of weight savings I have question.
I know fact, the side muffler delete is 21 lbs per side. Total 42 lbs.
The OEM rear center section (resonator) is 20 lbs.
So the total is 62 lbs. So therefore the Akrapovic system is essentially weightless??
I don't know, I'm pretty stupid I guess.

Ranger

I guess you are pretty stupid.
You did not take into account the titanium headers and titanium cats.

Here is a link from your beloved FVD when they used to sell AKrapovic systems: Akrapovic Titanium 997 GT3/RS Exhaust - Special Introductory Offer!! - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Link to FVD explaining how Akrapovic has the highest quality materials and best testing process: Rennlist Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Akrapovic Titanium GT3 Exhaust

Link to FVD making claim of 24kg=52 lbs with the system with out the headers or cats, just catback Akrapovic system and stating that they gained 28.60 HP and 29 lbs of torque with the Akrapovic race system, but I think thats wrong. Its more like +16HP/+15TQ/ -63 lbs: Rennlist Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Akrapovic Titanium GT3 Exhaust

Description info of Akrapovic Evolution Race system, courtesy of FVD:
Rennlist Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Akrapovic Titanium GT3 Exhaust

Whats up Juan, they were lying too, huh? Now they got you as their guinea pig, and you try to bash the system they so highly respect.

To everyone else, note that FVD does not sell Akrapovic anymore.

So, Juan, they are lying too?

You didnt reply to my post in page 1.....

Get back at me when you have a real dyno of your FVD SS system or better yet, let set something up and run your modded 997.1 GT3RS against my stock 2010 GT3 anywhere you choose, street or track. We'll take a vid. You dont live too far from me
You have nothing to back up your statements, I do. Your opinions dont count if you cant prove them with facts.

Last edited by GT3; 02-18-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:02 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Guys please no personal attacks

Old 02-03-2010, 11:09 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DJ
^^ Guys please no personal attacks
Sorry DJ. It was not my intention. I was just reassuring his previous statement .

Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'm really looking forward to hearing this exhaust on the 3.8 motor. Akra's Evolution M3 package is the exhaust that I would like to eventually put on my car.

Quick Reply: Ordered Akrapovic Evolution Mk2 GT3 race system