Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What work should I have done on my CGT

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
some good news for you guys, the recall is something Porsche doesnt handle until the 25k mile service and will only cover some of the cost while the engine is out. Wish my dealer would have told me this about 4 months ago when they told me about it!!! There however were a few other minor seal/gasket recalls out, for my car all those had already been done.
Its atleast worth a call to the dealer to run your VIN to find out.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Auctung
anyone else???

the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having the 15k service done now since they are basicly doing it anyways, this way it'll be free
Ill call and ask if the valva adjustment can be done with the engine inthe car or not. If the engine has to be out Ill have that done aswell, if its like my Lambo and can be done with the engine in the car Ill hold off on the valves until 15k

anyone have any insight or opinions on having the suspension settings switched from 04 to 05 settings while they are at it anyways???
The valve clearance check requires the engine be removed. Interesting fact, of all the CGT's that Porsche GB have carried out the four year service on (which specifies the valve clearance check) none have required adjustment.

With reference to the suspension settings I was not aware any revisions were made. The only adjustment that affects the stiffness is the adjustment of the rear sway bar.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
peloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond reputepeloton has a reputation beyond repute
Check to see if the helper springs on your front shocks should be replaced. There's apparently an advisory to do so from PNA. Mine were replaced when I did the 10k mile service on my 05.