Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door rattle question for CGT owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
wolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the roughwolfturbo is a jewel in the rough
Door rattle question for CGT owners

Gents,

My driver's side door has an annoying rattle that sounds like loose nuts or bolts at the bottom inside of the door. When I drive over the little reflective doo-dads when changing lanes, this stuff rattles around and drives me crazy.

I took a little peek at the inside front edge of the door and noticed there are some torx bolts holding down a little carbon fiber triangular piece, as well as 2 on the the leading edge of the speaker grill.

I grabbed the appropriate sized torx bit and tried to tighten these bolts, only to notice that they were turning loose and free and not tightening when I attempted to tighten.

This furthers my belief that I may have loose bits & pieces rattling around inside the door. Anybody else have this problem?

Does anybody have a parts diagram that might give me the confidence to open up the door and look around without blowing up an airbag in my face?

Any and all words of wisdom are most appreciated. Best regards to all.

Wolf

Old 11-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
That rattle sounds familiar...much like CF buzzing ? Sent you a pm, can help you with the service manual.