Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Quick question regarding tire pressure for Evo X owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
Quick question regarding tire pressure for Evo X owners

My friend just got an Evo X, and when he went to put his snow tires on, the tire pressure monitoring system wouldn't function. The dealer told him they have to recalibrate it, and charge him $50, each time he swaps his tires.

Is there any way to avoid this and/or buy the calibration tool (cost-effectively) to use himself?

Thanks guys.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Craddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond reputeCraddosk has a reputation beyond repute
Ignore the TPMS and just check the tires normally?

Old 12-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craddosk
Ignore the TPMS and just check the tires normally?
Obviously you could do that, but it isn't really an option because he just bought a brand new car and wants all of the features to be functional, and rightfully so.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Most of the on-board computers have a setting for when new tires/wheels are put on. You go to that function, press "set" or whatever, wait 30 secs, and you're done. I've done it on my Porsche when I got BBS wheels (and after the dyno), and on my RS4. It's not hard.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Most of the on-board computers have a setting for when new tires/wheels are put on. You go to that function, press "set" or whatever, wait 30 secs, and you're done. I've done it on my Porsche when I got BBS wheels (and after the dyno), and on my RS4. It's not hard.
I'll tell him to check for that, thanks.