Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Go with the PCCBs. They just belong on the car, imo, for the weight savings alone. Sounds like you've picked out some great specs so far though, Jas.

Congrats!

Old 11-14-2009, 01:22 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Go for full carbon fiber interior, painted inserts on the carbon fiber bucket seats.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JAMS
Brembo used to custom-paint calipers (to factory standards) but when I called them a few weeks ago, they said Porsche no longer permits them to do that... Lot's of other shops still do, I am sure.

Of course you could keep the yellow calipers and paint the wheels grey!

Nice skills man, that looks really good. Thanks !

Old 11-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Jas! So now you will have a 997 GT3RS and a 997.2 GT3RS

Old 11-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Jas, some thoughts:

Keep in mind that the customization beyond what is ordinarily available has a lot to do with your dealer's pull. Some dealers can spec just about anything. I've seen some extraordinary options, including PCCB calipers in colors other than yellow. In one instance, the car was paint-to-sample and the calipers were the same color as the car (it was a 997S cab with X51 in Ferrari pruno metallico with cocoa interior and top) with silver lettering. So if you want it bad enough and don't mind the price, I'm sure you can get it done in red with black lettering, or if it was me, in the same grey as the car with red lettering.

IMHO crest in headrest should be specced independently. I personally think it's a little too "busy" to have the headrests and the console lid decorated. Just MHO, but something you might want to visualize a little more before finalizing your spec.

Other than that, it looks good. Keep in mind that if you are overly concerned about weight, the carbon fiber interior pieces add weight over standard plastic pieces. I'm not a big fan of carbon fiber, but due to the sporting nature of the car, I would probably spec it with cf like you have.

Finally, a word about color. Right now, the early 911 market has settled down quite a bit and prices aren't crazy like they were 1.5 years ago (no more $100K early 911Ss). But, from what I have seen, these cars in period colors like tangerine, conda green, gulf blue and signal yellow have a tendency to stir the soul and command a premium to many buyers over black or silver. The gray of the GT3RS is reminiscent of one of these colors, slate grey. Steve Mcqueen had a 1970 911S (he drove a similar car in the movie "Le Mans") and a 1976 911 TurboCarrera in this color. Just something to keep in mind. And here are a couple pics of the slate grey McQueen cars

Last edited by ZAMIRZ; 11-14-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:54 AM
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Really valuable thoughts Zamirz, my dealer has not given up on painting PCCB calipers. I intend to cut back on some of the listed specs, and one of my concerns is something you alluded to....looking too busy in there.

Crests are not a big item for me...those will likely be shelved.

When you mentioned period colours, I am tempted to go with the Green as well. In the end, I'm pretty sure I am set on the greyblack though.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Go for full carbon fiber interior, painted inserts on the carbon fiber bucket seats.
I'd like to get the CGT seats in it, but I think they are only offered in europe correct ?

Old 11-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Go with the PCCBs. They just belong on the car, imo, for the weight savings alone. Sounds like you've picked out some great specs so far though, Jas.

Congrats!

Thanks Alex, you are right about the PCCB's. The weight reduction just ticking off PCCB's and the Lithium ion battery is considerable (especially minus the lift system)

Old 11-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Mike S
Congrats Jas! So now you will have a 997 GT3RS and a 997.2 GT3RS
Thanks Mike, can't let the pumpkin go

Hope all is well with you pal...have you had much seat time in the Aston V12 Vantage yet ?

Old 11-14-2009, 01:59 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
I'd like to get the CGT seats in it, but I think they are only offered in europe correct ?
Not sure but those are too harsh/sporty, since you want it for the streets you can get the other sports seats with the cf back and add the rollcage over here "clubsports" option.

Quick Reply: Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....