Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
I'd like to get the CGT seats in it, but I think they are only offered in europe correct ?
Yes. Not available due to lack of side-impact-protection airbag, which is contained in the seat on the std. GT2 seats, but non-existent on the C-GT seats.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:02 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Not sure but those are too comfortable, since you want it for the streets you can get the other sports seats with the cf back and add the rollcage over here "clubsports" option.
I want to tick a clubsports option so bad...shame we can't get that from the factory here. Should be interesting to see if the proper roll cage mounts come welded from the factory though. IIRC, the first gen 997 RS had to have floor modifications/welding done correct ? (in the USA that is)

Old 11-14-2009, 02:04 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
I want to tick a clubsports option so bad...shame we can't get that from the factory here. Should be interesting to see if the proper roll cage mounts come welded from the factory though. IIRC, the first gen 997 RS had to have floor modifications/welding done correct ? (in the USA that is)
I'm not sure, by the way have you thought of doing full red deviated stitching would look nice contrasts a lot the rather than having full "dull" black leather without contrasting items.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I'm not sure, by the way have you thought of doing full red deviated stitching would look nice contrasts a lot the rather than having full "dull" black leather without contrasting items.

Never really been excited by stitching options to be honest...

Old 11-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I think for the rims get the Carbon ceramic and if they don't let the calipers to be painted red then you could order them just in yellow and when you get the car you could get them painted at a different paint shop?

Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm partial to the white with gold wheels, minus graphics. It feels like one of the race cars, minus livery. The RS is a lighter and more focused concept, so I'd spec in that mindset.

The grey with red does grow on you though.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:29 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
what about taking the the white-gold contrast colour instead of red?

Name:  my_porsche_997850.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  73.8 KB

looks good to me....and I think it`ll look better in person
and this way ,the yellow PCCBs match the cars exterior better (imo)

Old 11-14-2009, 08:18 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
What looks nice if you could get Dymag wheels, weight savings and adds a nice touch!

Old 11-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
When you get it, you'll have to come to Knoxville to go up to the dragon with a nice white RS.2.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
That yellow GT3 is so drool worthy.

Grey is the way to go w/ the 2010 RS, I like that it harks back to early 911's and the RS deserves a color which will set it apart from the regular GT3.

Quick Reply: Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....