Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 vs RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
For what it's worth, my experience driving (not owning) both has been great. As much as I love it, I think even the GT3 might be pushing it a bit for a true DD. I'm guessing that because you are considering both seriously, you're aware the GT3 is not the most supple nor quietest ride - I am young and while this doesn't bother me, it is too much for some on a daily basis.
Not trying to ignite a debate, but if you're not absolutely sold on a GT3, while not as "exotic", I'd consider a TT Coupe. My opinion is that clutch tension is a bit more livable and gear transitions are a bit smoother.

edit: on tuna's point, I never understood complaints about supercars/race-type cars until I got in the driver's seat of a CGT w/ hard top on. It was both enlightening, and as much as I hate to say it, disappointing. Not interested in having to squeeze myself in and out of something like that all the time.

Last edited by cstroked; 11-08-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
^You mirror my feelings exactly. A TT coupe is a great DD, and is not lacking in any of the creature comforts. It all boils down to what you want and what you can live without...

Old 11-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
I would like to think at some point in my life, my DD would either be a TT coupe or an R8. Easy access, AWD.

I have learned a lot working around and driving cars like the GT3 on a daily basis. It is an AWESOME car. I loved the RS I drove too. Between the two, I feel you pay for the exclusivity of the RS more than anything... While it is clearly bad ass, the exclusivity is diminishing to the extent that production has decreased across the board.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
I like it rough......anytime,any day

maybe because I`m rather young....

If I had the coin for an RS I`d love to get one

but there are so many other cars I could get for that money so....probably I´d go for something else as a DD instead

btw,the OP did not say if he`d DD it or not...that`s a crucial point for making a decision in this case

Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Turbo4ever
For street use, you will take the GT3 and keep some cash or take the RS?

Both in White.
yea would 100% take the gt3 over the rs in ne situation. the rs is for posers, the only difference is its wider and while you could drone on and on over the aerodynamic curvature of the scrotal wash tank you would never ever ever ever notice the difference on even the most technical of tracks, let the posers pose while they r runnin 2:30's at the Glen

Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Baron
yea would 100% take the gt3 over the rs in ne situation. the rs is for posers, the only difference is its wider and while you could drone on and on over the aerodynamic curvature of the scrotal wash tank you would never ever ever ever notice the difference on even the most technical of tracks, let the posers pose while they r runnin 2:30's at the Glen
new RS has 15 more hp and shorter gear ratio.

if you cannot feel any difference compared to a regular GT3 on the track, then the problem is you, not the car.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^Settle down ladies. I'd go with the GT3 for street use, which I hope to do myself at some point. I test drove an RS and for me it would be awesome, but I think DDing it (especially in Houston) would be terrible. Oh and I probably can't afford a 7.1 RS, that's a point I should probably make.

Last edited by "The JC"; 11-09-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
kable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to behold
I have driven both and put a couple thousand miles on them. My experience is the RS is just a modified GT3 and if money is not a factor it is a no brainer which to buy. The Turbo body with the wider stance only helps the car. It's just better and with RS's at $115k and 3's at high $80k's that money will still be there when you go to sell. Tough to put a price on drive quality though, how much more money is this feel worth.
One thing though:
( On both cars you must change the sway bar positions!!!!)

They are adj. from the factory and it makes a difference, thank you Mike Levitas for that bit of advice. I rank the RS as the 1 car I would drive eveyday over anything else and being in the buisness I have been luckier than most with the amount of cars I have been able to drive on a daily basis. The only thing I have ever said is it would be great to have a little more power which = GT2. Never have had the chance to drive a 997 but I can only imagine it to be the ultimate car for daily use. Got to say I like not having to pedal a normally asprt. car though. Just enough power.

Ferrari's, Lambo's, AMG's, M's, Porsche till death do us part.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
kable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Baron
Have you had a chance to drive both on the street a couple thousand miles Baron?

Old 11-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by cstroked
I would like to think at some point in my life, my DD would either be a TT coupe or an R8. Easy access, AWD.

I have learned a lot working around and driving cars like the GT3 on a daily basis. It is an AWESOME car. I loved the RS I drove too. Between the two, I feel you pay for the exclusivity of the RS more than anything... While it is clearly bad ass, the exclusivity is diminishing to the extent that production has decreased across the board.
Funny you say a R8, had someone ask which I would rather daily drive and I miss the playfullness of a rear whel drive car. R8 looks out of this world, comfortable, ok power but little slugish. RS pops with featherweight and turn off traction to play. Remember I am selling a R8 currently in the classifieds.

Just a opinion but the RS is all that and a bag of chips and I can not pinpoint 1 thing you just have to drive it for a week or 2 to understand. Funny enough I went from a (all here for sale in 08)GT3RS(orange) to a 997 Turbo(blue w/pccb) to a GT3(black) as dailys over a 2 month period. Thats where this comes from.

Last edited by kable; 11-10-2009 at 12:26 AM.