Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 vs RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Here's the difference: there is a REAL difference between riding in a car, looking at great pictures of a car, wanting a car AND owning a car. I think the best advice for the OP can come from those that have owned the "racing" variants of a particular car and what their experience was like. I don't agree with calling people "sissies" just because they owned the car, found it to be too extreme for their tastes, and then sold it. Likewise, the price difference is not justified. This is the type of feedback the OP is looking for, IMO.
Actually I have an Lotus Exige now, but I think that's too extreme for street especially in a big city like NY, I am more into the GT3 now.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by cstroked
For what it's worth, my experience driving (not owning) both has been great. As much as I love it, I think even the GT3 might be pushing it a bit for a true DD. I'm guessing that because you are considering both seriously, you're aware the GT3 is not the most supple nor quietest ride - I am young and while this doesn't bother me, it is too much for some on a daily basis.
Not trying to ignite a debate, but if you're not absolutely sold on a GT3, while not as "exotic", I'd consider a TT Coupe. My opinion is that clutch tension is a bit more livable and gear transitions are a bit smoother.

edit: on tuna's point, I never understood complaints about supercars/race-type cars until I got in the driver's seat of a CGT w/ hard top on. It was both enlightening, and as much as I hate to say it, disappointing. Not interested in having to squeeze myself in and out of something like that all the time.
No TT for me, I want something special and I want the GT1 racing engine.

The clutch is what I am thinking too, Dual vs Single in the GT3 and RS.

Anyone have driven both? The single clutch is it heavier and harder to use on street condition?

Last edited by Turbo4ever; 11-10-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
I have driven both. I found the RS to be stiffer, not necessarily harder to use, but definitely requires more effort. Our first 7.2RS is a 3/10 build, and I doubt I'll have any wheel time in that.

I am sure the guys who have more time driving them could tell you more. I just know the 7.1RS clutch was no joke. If you're in traffic and working it a lot, I'd think you'd notice.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
kable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to behold
I agree with Cstroked, slightly stiffer but not much different. They both are very drivable for everyday street use. This is why I love them so much, track them or DD them.

Last edited by kable; 11-13-2009 at 06:49 PM.