Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 GT3 Seat Selection...Plz Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
raffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond reputeraffi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Having sat in both of them I find the GT2 bucket seats have the back very vertical, which could be a problem when doing very long trips ( > 100miles). It is also a pity that they did not use the fact that there is a reclining mechanism to have some sort of back adjustment. Moreover I don't think they support your body that much more than the sport seats. If you want real support for track use of the car, get the fixed buckets.
Apart from that I must say they are very comfortable seats, there is a lot of cushioning in them so that is not a point. I was more worried about the upright back for street driving.
For me the choice between GT2 buckets and sportseats is more about looks, and they sure look very sexy indeed!

If you plan to track your car regularly and also drive it on the street a lot then get them. If you plan doing long roadtrips and no trackdriving see if you can live with the upright back position for a long time.

In the end I didn't spec them on my car. Call me a faggot
i saw them in person at the dealership on display. they do look very cool but extremely uncomfortable for a daily driver or even passengers who could care less about the looks.
i bet if you look at the total # of gt3's there will be more spec'd with the sports seats...
if not we can start an exclusive gay gt3 club

Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
I'm getting a new daily beater.

I was at the store today and sat in the seats in the second pic. They are much more padded than those in my cgt - they're very comfy. I loved them. The only concern would be if you needed lumbar adjustments.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:44 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
suncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for the GT2 seats!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, I usually keep my seats more upright than the GT2 seats. I think they'll be fine on long trips. When I drive from VA to CA in August, I'll let you know.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura about
Order the GT2/race seats
If you hate them, you can easily sell them for a profit and replace with std sport seats
You cant lose

Bill

Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Order the GT2/race seats
If you hate them, you can easily sell them for a profit and replace with std sport seats
You cant lose

Bill
Yeah, sell them to me on the cheap