Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Lotus up for F1 selection

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:07 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Lotus up for F1 selection

Formula One news: Lotus up for F1 selection - GPUpdate.net Formula One

The name Lotus has been associated with Formula One since the British team first made an appearance in the sport at the 1958 Monaco Grand Prix. Over half a century down the line, the iconic symbol could be making a return for the first time since 1994, as Litespeed has announced that its entry is under the Lotus name.

British Formula Three team Litespeed - featuring ex-F1 engineer Mike Gascoyne - is one of several entrants to have submitted entry to the 2010 World Championship with a view to being selected by the FIA when the governing body's full entry list of 13 teams is released on Friday. As German business Franz Hilmer looks to bring back Brabham, however, Litespeed has taken one step further in its hope of using the Lotus marque.

"Team Lotus is synonymous with great British engineering and F1 innovation, such as the Lotus 25 being the first monocoque chassis in F1 and the introduction of groundbreaking sponsorship, both of which easily demonstrate why ex-Lotus personnel would want to bring this championship-winning name back to the Formula," said Litespeed founder Nino Judge, who formed the outfit with Steve Kenchington.

Having explained how rights to use the Lotus name have already been received from holder David Hunt, the team is now hoping to be put forward. "Litespeed was born from a similar British background, a factor that was at the core of Colin Chapman's beliefs and subsequent success," Judge continued of Jim Clark's legendary engineer, who famously headed the team during its greatest success period amid the 1960's and 1970's. "David Hunt has been the custodian of the name for so many years and we thank him for entrusting us not just with its safeguard but, more importantly, its development in the racing world of tomorrow."

To date, Team Lotus has competed in 491 Grands Prix - the fourth highest amount of all-time after Ferrari, McLaren and Williams - scored 107 pole positions, 79 race wins and 71 fastest laps.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to see the green and yellow livery back in F1! As much as I didn't like the idea of all of these new teams coming into F1, I think it'd actually be awesome to bring in a new era of F1 with all the vintage names like Lotus and Brabham in addition to Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, and Sauber. I wonder who will be foolish enough to try and revive Benetton!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I would love to see the green and yellow livery back in F1! As much as I didn't like the idea of all of these new teams coming into F1, I think it'd actually be awesome to bring in a new era of F1 with all the vintage names like Lotus and Brabham in addition to Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, and Sauber. I wonder who will be foolish enough to try and revive Benetton!
Or the black and gold John Player Special.