Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 GT3 Seat Selection...Plz Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious, why not the "real" GT3 seats? Can you not get those in your market, like in the US?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Nope - no side airbags. That's why the new ones are approved...

Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
But I don't think the OP is in the US...?

And how did the CGT have those seats then?

Old 04-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
you made the right choice.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
I have sport buckets on my tt and they are comfortable enough for daily drive

Old 04-21-2009, 07:31 PM
xxl
Teamspeed Rookie
xxl is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine is scheduled for delivery in early July.
It will have sport Buckets

Old 04-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
<snip>

And how did the CGT have those seats then?
The new regulations came in near the end of the CGT production cycle... to quote Wikipedia:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Originally a production run of 1,500 cars was planned. But Porsche announced in August, 2005 that it would not continue production of the Carrera GT through 2006, citing discontinuation was due to changing airbag regulations in the US.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond reputeADGT3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
Just curious, why not the "real" GT3 seats? Can you not get those in your market, like in the US?
The seats in the pics i have attached are the one available, in addition sport Buckets "without the folding back"...

Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by JCay
The new regulations came in near the end of the CGT production cycle... to quote Wikipedia:
Thanks!

Old 04-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ir_fuel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ADGT3
Hi all,

The deposit is on already on 2010 GT3, getting into the specs and options. I would like to get your experience on the standard sport seats vs the bucket seats with folding backrest...

I love the look of the Bucket seat with carbon fiber seat shell, but wondering how comfort / harsh they are?
Having sat in both of them I find the GT2 bucket seats have the back very vertical, which could be a problem when doing very long trips ( > 100miles). It is also a pity that they did not use the fact that there is a reclining mechanism to have some sort of back adjustment. Moreover I don't think they support your body that much more than the sport seats. If you want real support for track use of the car, get the fixed buckets.
Apart from that I must say they are very comfortable seats, there is a lot of cushioning in them so that is not a point. I was more worried about the upright back for street driving.
For me the choice between GT2 buckets and sportseats is more about looks, and they sure look very sexy indeed!

If you plan to track your car regularly and also drive it on the street a lot then get them. If you plan doing long roadtrips and no trackdriving see if you can live with the upright back position for a long time.

In the end I didn't spec them on my car. Call me a faggot

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 Seat Selection...Plz Help