Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.
View Poll Results: Best for a first car?
NA Mazda Miata
39.29%
Mk1 Volkswagen Rabbit
32.14%
Misc. Volvo Wagon
3.57%
Something else. Specify if you wish.
25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Best for first car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nice
what's your budget what are you looking for really?
and no NEVER EVER a miata....unless your a girl then that's prob the best thing.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Zambrano You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by zeeshan66
what's your budget what are you looking for really?
and no NEVER EVER a miata....unless your a girl then that's prob the best thing.
Oh wait... you mean that stereotype

Old 03-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

He's right. I don't care how good the chassis is on an MX5, it is, and always will be, a girls car.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 03-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
RugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Older civic or accord.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

2003 Ford Focus ZX3, $4,200 - Cars.com

Not bad. Hope that link works.

I cannot believe how many cars are in your price bracket over there. This is depressing. I am going back to work now.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Hi,

Damn. You can get a Honda Odyssey. I know what you said, I did read, but that was my first car and it was the ultimate first car. Remove all rear seats and you have a two seater camper van, put all the seats in and a party ain't a party until you and six friends arrive.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
I would suggest staying away from any BMW. High Maintenence cost & they seem to break often

Old 03-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Shun the Miata and list a Focus that isn't an ST or SVT. Wow.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
honda crx

Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Yup ^^. I've browsed some Focus SVTs, but it seems like most of the good ones are at the upper range of my budget, or are riced, high mileage, and an array of problems. So many great cars in the sub 5k bracket, but there are just so many shady deals out there. When I'm ready to start checking cars out do you have any recommendations on major things to look out for? I know the usual paint overspray, bent frame, or weird noises, but what else are common problems of used cars people try to unload onto the next buyer. And do you think if I was very interested in buying a particular car, it'd be unreasonable to drop it off and have a mechanic evaluate it?

And as a general rule I'm staying away from any used car dealer.

Originally Posted by parealtor
honda crx
That would be THE car for LeMons!

Last edited by Carrera; 03-27-2013 at 09:41 PM.