Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Favorite Driving Roads

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Favorite Driving Roads

I am interested in hearing if anyone has any favorite roads to take their cars out for a drive on or recommendations on roads for others to check out with their own cars. I am especially interested in roads in Maryland and Pennsylvania that people know of, but hearing everyone elses would be nice too. Always interesting to hear where people like to go for a little backroad blast. I'll start:

One area that really comes to mind out of all the places I've been are the roads I live off of in the Glenwood area. Roxbury Mill Road and parts of Burnt Woods Road and Tridelphia Road are excellent for a spirited drive. The other area I can think of is Old Ellicott City, MD. New Cut Road, College Avenue, River Road, Hilltop Road, and Bonnie Branch Road are all intertwined on the mountains surrounding downtown Old Ellicott City and have little to no traffic during almost the entire day. They are by far some of my favorite roads. Lastly, my family owns a cabin up in the wooded mountain area of Fairfield, PA, just outside of Gettysburg. The road going up to our cabin, Cold Springs Road, and some of the roads turning off of it are excellent to drive on with sharp, tight turns, and even a hairpin turn, they provide great scenery (up a mountain, through an apple orchard) while enjoying a track-like experience.

So tell me, what are some of your favorite roads and where are they?

Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

I miss that place.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
WOW! Where is that? That looks amazing.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Found a few more today....outside of the Randallstown area. Marriottsville Road, Deer Park Road, and the best of the day, Wards Chapel Road. I take these backroads home from work. The twists and turns make for a nice commute and Wards Chapel has quite the scenery. Check them out MD people!

Old 06-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I went to a road in TN this year called Tail of the Dragon. It was an amazing experience. Consisting of 318 turns in just 11 miles, the Dragon is an automotive playground. All the surrounding resorts are filled with bikers and car enthusiast alike, constantly going in and out, back and forth to the Dragon. The surrounding roads were amazing as well. The Hellbender is my favorite but the Devil's Triangle, Moonshiner28, Cherohala Skyway, and the Diamondback are all excellent as well. I highly recommend if in the area.

dealsgap.com, Deals Gap, NC information. The Dragon, US129, Great Smoky Mountains. The Dragon at Deals Gap.
Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.