Notices
Northern California (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in Northern California

Favorite Norcal driving roads to clear your mind

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Favorite Norcal driving roads to clear your mind

Let's hear some of yours. They dont have to be the fastest or the twisties. Sometimes just cruising up hwy 1 or the rolling hills of 280 is relaxing. Went on a couple nice drives this weekend and even enjoyed some of the hills of SF...(in a 6MT super low car on 19s) go figure I know...what can I say, I like to drive

some random sf pics from sunday...

quick pano

eshaun's slideshow on Flickr

Old 04-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
vodkarocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Gorgeous shots. My favorite road to drive is down to Pescadero State Beach from Woodside Rd. When we did our drive 2 weeks back, I suggested we do the return trip up Pescadero. It was an intense 40 minutes, and I think all the local guys loved it.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
i love blasting through all parts of the city at night (when there are no pedestrians!)

i like the clover leafs at 280/Sandhill and Central/San Thomas - sometimes, i do 3-4 complete rounds

i like the various mountain roads but it's hard to have too much fun on them; during the day, there are cars; at night, animals.

- chuck

Old 04-16-2008, 10:59 AM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
Sand Hill Rd. (west of 280) does a big loop and connects to Alpine
great drive at dusk

(Sandhill, Portola, Alpine) looks like a solid racetrack to me

Last edited by MTK; 04-16-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Kings Mtn road to 35S to 84E to 280S to 9W or some similar loop. Or just going up and down 84 over and over, that's my favorite road ever. Mt Tam is nice too, though it tends to be full of cyclists in the road. Kings Mtn turns into Tunitas Creek past 35, which is also pretty twisty. It's pretty tight but on the plus side it's rare to meet other traffic on it.

Attached Images  

Last edited by nerual; 04-16-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice shots Shaun!

wow nice find MTK. That looks like fun.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AckM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love Page Mill Road from 280 to Skyline (and then Alpine if you're brave), it's much twistier than Sandhill. It's kinda like running an auto-x. It's also only five minutes from the office

page mill road - Google Maps

Also Calaveras, if you have the cajones to take those blind corners. Some pics from last year with Sal in the lead:

Old 04-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
Freier is an unknown quantity at this point
Great photos Shaun...love the one with Coit Tower in the background.

When I get a break in the action, love to do the HWY 9 / 84 loop. Essentially take HWY 9 up and over Skyline, out to HWY 1, then North to HWY 84. Wrap it up with a cup of coffee from Duece France in Palo Alto and life is good.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like we all enjoy very similar routes around here...here's a few pics I dug up

HWY 1 during sunset

on the beach

next to GGB during sunset...

fun curves

the redwoods...

offroading hehe

Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Emperor is an unknown quantity at this point
that was a good drive hah. new site to post hore at. lmao btw i am Sal. :shifty:

Originally Posted by AckM3
I love Page Mill Road from 280 to Skyline (and then Alpine if you're brave), it's much twistier than Sandhill. It's kinda like running an auto-x. It's also only five minutes from the office

page mill road - Google Maps

Also Calaveras, if you have the cajones to take those blind corners. Some pics from last year with Sal in the lead:

Quick Reply: Favorite Norcal driving roads to clear your mind