Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Is Technology Making Cars Worse? - ROAD TESTAMENT

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 03:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond repute
Is Technology Making Cars Worse? - ROAD TESTAMENT

A very interesting discussion with Chris Harrisabout cars and technology and where we are going, well worth the 18mins of your day.

"Cars are getting more complex with every new generation. But are they also becoming worse to drive? Let us know what you think."

Old 06-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty much agree with everything he says. That's usually the case when great minds think alike. LOL.

Put a link to your post on the death of the manual thread. https://teamspeed.com/forums/m/73766...-manual-5.html

Old 07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting. Will watch later on then give my input. Thanks

Old 07-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I was in complete agreement with this show when I saw the episode last week. I hope to get a 997 GT3 RS in the next few years and more then likely keep it forever.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ X100000. But with a GT2.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I want a late 1960's or early 1970's 911, or a 550 Spyder replica. Not much new technology to go wrong there...

Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
I was in complete agreement with this show when I saw the episode last week. I hope to get a 997 GT3 RS in the next few years and more then likely keep it forever.
If you're inclined to keep it forever would you prefer a .1 car since they're simpler and you can get one without nav (which will just look more and more dated as time progresses)?

Old 07-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Pure cars ftw. That being said, I imagine that as I get older, I'll want more creature comforts for daily driving.

Like CH said, an E46 M3 is probably the perfect balance of performance, creature comforts, and looks for a daily driver.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
If you're inclined to keep it forever would you prefer a .1 car since they're simpler and you can get one without nav (which will just look more and more dated as time progresses)?
Don't get me wrong, I prefer the looks of the 7.1 to the 7.2 (I basically want Ara's new car). However, if I can afford it, I'd go for the 7.2 RS. Hopefully that is the case in the next five or so years.