Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Time to replace the E30

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
josef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to beholdjosef is a splendid one to behold
I would say GOLF R, because I own a 2010 GOLF VI, but the new bodystyle will be at the dealers in fall 2012 and I have to say that the GOLF VII is to be a good looking car... and the GOLF VII R will come in 2013, I say go for the GOLF V R32, that sound is badass and the bodystyle of the GOLF VI is not much better then the GOLF V R32......

Old 11-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by josef
I would say GOLF R, because I own a 2010 GOLF VI, but the new bodystyle will be at the dealers in fall 2012 and I have to say that the GOLF VII is to be a good looking car... and the GOLF VII R will come in 2013, I say go for the GOLF V R32, that sound is badass and the bodystyle of the GOLF VI is not much better then the GOLF V R32......
I am looking into the Golf R, we'll see what the dealer says about the lease.

BMW is running crazy lease on the 135. I mean, low 400 bucks a month lease payment is nut.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:23 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
So far everything has been positive (US press at least). I LOVE my GTI, so this should be pretty fun. It is stickered at $33K, but I got $1500 off for loyalty, etc. Not a great deal, but they should be pretty limited and are expected to sell out.

Good luck, Stuka - let us know what you end up doing.
They are great cars. But down here in NZ, they are a 60k+ USD car. No way is it worth that much, not for a Golf.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:24 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
golfs are overpriced at 30's here imo

Old 11-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond repute
I say go for the 1 series!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yohanthestud
I say go for the 1 series!
For the 135, you will have to spend 3K to make it driveable, since the non M cars have no LSD.

So you will have to have this installed:

Dinan Cars - Limited Slip Differential (Manual Only)

But, it's easy to get the car up to 370HP and 330lb/ft of torque. And that would be quite entertaining on that little car.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
that 135 lease is ridiculously cheap, you won't be able to get a Golf R for that much

never really been a fan of the 135i in terms of how it looks though. they really accomplished making it look like a baby BMW (which is it) but not sure that's a good thing......

I must say I miss the growl of the R32, there just isn't anything like it in a car under 25k which is what you should be able to find an 08 for.....

If you haven't already, find an R32 to drive, then make your decision on whether to go forward with the Bimmer

Old 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by .:Raul
that 135 lease is ridiculously cheap, you won't be able to get a Golf R for that much

never really been a fan of the 135i in terms of how it looks though. they really accomplished making it look like a baby BMW (which is it) but not sure that's a good thing......

I must say I miss the growl of the R32, there just isn't anything like it in a car under 25k which is what you should be able to find an 08 for.....

If you haven't already, find an R32 to drive, then make your decision on whether to go forward with the Bimmer
The 08's are DSG only right? What should I look out for on the previous gen R32?

Do they auto upshift? GIAC has a chip for the DSG but it wasn't clear from their website whether it will allow the driver to hold the gear even at redline once flashed.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
The 08's are DSG only right? What should I look out for on the previous gen R32?

Do they auto upshift? GIAC has a chip for the DSG but it wasn't clear from their website whether it will allow the driver to hold the gear even at redline once flashed.
From what I remembered on mine, it did auto up shift but only from 1st to 2nd and only after you were well into redline.

Other then a few recalls from a few years ago I haven't heard much about them in terms of major issues. Had mine a year and it wasnt in the shop once. I rode mine pretty hard especially on off ramps

Old 11-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Second the recommendation of the Golf V R32! I still miss mine and sometimes think about getting another one.

Quick Reply: Time to replace the E30