Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Time to replace the E30

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Time to replace the E30

So, I think I have finally come to a place where I have decided that even though the per mile cost is still super low compares to other cars in the fleet, I am just tired of replacing stuff on the car, now that everything on the car has been replaced.

Been thinking about a few small cars that are newer to replace the E30. So far I am thinking the Golf R, R32, and the A3. E90 sedans are actually cheaper than the A3 and the R32, surprisingly, but they are just so, how should I put this, nothing special in LA since EVERYONE has one.

I am just not understanding why the 2.0T A3 AWD is so much money used or new. But I do rather appreciate how much leg room there are in the back. Way more than the E90, which is just nuts. It is obviously not a wide car, so even though the mrs can sit in between two car seats in the E90, there's no way to do that in the A3.

The R32 is still hanging tough on the price, whether that will remain the case when the Golf R is released remain to be seen. Hopefully Audi/VW experts like Raul will chime in on this.

In the mean time, I am really not feeling like going through the trouble of selling my E30. Most E30's out there are garbage that needs at least 5K of work, yet people buying them (like on r3vlimited) have a very limited budget and in general just don't get how expensive it is to keep one running in DD'able shape without issues.

Oh yeah, have been getting a few PM's on swapping the lease on the E90 M3, have to somehow wash the car and take some pictures... I guess 0 down and 770 a month before tax on a loaded last of the M3 sedan does generate quite a bit of interest...

Old 11-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for that!

Old 11-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
What was the purpose of this post? Do you want input of feedback or what? If the meaning of this post is to tell us that you will sell your E30, or, maybe will sell it I think a 1line post in TNT would suffice.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I've got a Golf R on the way. I've been told early February. Release date is Jan 2012. You can't go wrong. Plus mods are out there, too. The TTS/Golf R engine unlocks a ton of horsepower with a reflash...

Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I've got a Golf R on the way. I've been told early February. Release date is Jan 2012. You can't go wrong. Plus mods are out there, too. The TTS/Golf R engine unlocks a ton of horsepower with a reflash...
I look forward to some great reviews on that R.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
So far everything has been positive (US press at least). I LOVE my GTI, so this should be pretty fun. It is stickered at $33K, but I got $1500 off for loyalty, etc. Not a great deal, but they should be pretty limited and are expected to sell out.

Good luck, Stuka - let us know what you end up doing.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Thanks for that!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
I am assuming that you are getting the 4 doors right? What's the spec on your car other than no sunroof? No NAV though? I found these new Audi NAV's pretty good.

Last edited by stuka; 11-27-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
So far everything has been positive (US press at least). I LOVE my GTI, so this should be pretty fun. It is stickered at $33K, but I got $1500 off for loyalty, etc. Not a great deal, but they should be pretty limited and are expected to sell out.

Good luck, Stuka - let us know what you end up doing.
I should also mention that I am considering the 135 since you can lease one for low 400's including the 8.75% sales tax a month. And you can also get big HP out of that motor, as long as the oil cooler holds up, that is...

Quick Reply: Time to replace the E30