Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

VW Golf R

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:19 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, didn't realize the Golf R was subjected to brand snobbery. It is a fantastic car and I can't think of a better pair than an R and a Spyder. A friend of mine has one (38 year old suit and tie rather than a 'teenager', mind you) with a simple chip and exhaust and it is nuts.

#Winning

Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
it's a great car and worth the money imo.....

go for it because you will not be disappointed
Is it DSG only or did they come to their senses?

Didn't you tell me that the manual version of the R32 is worth more used than the new DSG one?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Is it DSG only or did they come to their senses?

Didn't you tell me that the manual version of the R32 is worth more used than the new DSG one?
they will be bringing them with both transmissions this time

and yes comparing '04 to '08 models, the '04s have held up way better

Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Wow, didn't realize the Golf R was subjected to brand snobbery. It is a fantastic car and I can't think of a better pair than an R and a Spyder. A friend of mine has one (38 year old suit and tie rather than a 'teenager', mind you) with a simple chip and exhaust and it is nuts.

#Winning

Thank you sir.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
they will be bringing them with both transmissions this time

and yes comparing '04 to '08 models, the '04s have held up way better
Actually, it's 6-speed manual only. They will offer 2- and 4-door models, plus I think 5 color choices (I have the brochure at work). I've been told it'll be about $34K w/o nav and $36K w/nav (not sure what the packages will be). I think the other option is 19" wheels (18" standard). If I hear more, I'll post it.

And I agree with Jox - a Golf R and Boxster Spyder is a great combo.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:37 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Amen Jox, the Golf R is a fine machine... I really have never read an off review about a GTI or "R".

Old 07-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Actually, it's 6-speed manual only. They will offer 2- and 4-door models, plus I think 5 color choices (I have the brochure at work). I've been told it'll be about $34K w/o nav and $36K w/nav (not sure what the packages will be). I think the other option is 19" wheels (18" standard). If I hear more, I'll post it.
thanks for the info, you're right

wow 8 months out of the VW dealership and I'm already losing my touch

Old 07-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I have no problems with the Golf R or its price. I also agree that a boxster spyder and Golf R would be a cool combination, but that is quite a step down from a 7 series in terms of size and luxury. Definitely would just keep the lineup you have sir.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
YouTube - ‪2012 Volkswagen Golf R - First Drive‬‏

Last edited by .:Raul; 07-05-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
I have always been a fan of the R32 and one of my main things about the R32 was the absolutely beautiful exhaust note. That sound from the VR6 engine is my favorite of all time and I am a bit dissapointed that the 2.0t has replaced the VR6 but I am sure this car will be just as fun and carry on that R heritage.

Quick Reply: VW Golf R