Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

VW Golf R

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 12:18 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
You on drugs?

You're not a teenager, asian or a geek. I have a base model GTI for a DD but wouldn't spend more than 15k on one, not worth it.
^^^

Old 07-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
It's a nice car but not worth the money, not in the UK anyways. Decently specced one in the UK is about £35k.

Scirocco R is nicer, not sure if you can get them in the US though.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
^^^

Originally Posted by famoussas
It's a nice car but not worth the money, not in the UK anyways. Decently specced one in the UK is about £35k.

Scirocco R is nicer, not sure if you can get them in the US though.
I hear ya....and it may get to that point where i dont want to shell out $40,000 for a daily driver VW.....but none the less, the car is a cool little hatch that would be great to drive around in daily i am sure. Esp with winter tires on it for the PA winters.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:57 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
c'mon jon, you're smarter than this

Old 07-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
Don't get me wrong I have an R32 which cost more than most would want to pay for a VW. Had it for 4 years though, going to keep it as my DD to take to the office and get something else for the weekend.

You can get a used early E92 M3 for the same price as the new R which I'm sure you'd agree is probably the better buy.

Nice cars though.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:34 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
I love my GTI DD. It is efficient and fun to toss around and the R version will make it more so, plus be able to put down power a lot better. My GTI has a APR ECU tune and it is hilariously fun. I can roast the tires throughout the mid range in 1st and 2nd gear. With AWD and next gen Haldex, the R is a lot more capable and still only ~3330 lbs. A simple tune and you can have a nice 280-300HP AWD car that is pretty nice on the inside. Plus 3 years warranty and maintenance paid, ~30 MPG, good resale on R models, etc. I say go for it! I am too!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
I love my GTI DD. It is efficient and fun to toss around and the R version will make it more so, plus be able to put down power a lot better. My GTI has a APR ECU tune and it is hilariously fun. I can roast the tires throughout the mid range in 1st and 2nd gear. With AWD and next gen Haldex, the R is a lot more capable and still only ~3330 lbs. A simple tune and you can have a nice 280-300HP AWD car that is pretty nice on the inside. Plus 3 years warranty and maintenance paid, ~30 MPG, good resale on R models, etc. I say go for it! I am too!
well put

Old 07-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I'm on the list for it. I've been told January. I really love the Golf R, but I'm torn whether to get it or go big and do the A7 or RRSS (or maybe even M5). I have a MkV GTI now that I love, but I'm not keeping it past the warranty. I'll be ordering something in late Dec/early Jan. Decisions, decisions...

Old 07-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
c'mon jon, you're smarter than this
Just curious what you drive and what some of your suggestions would be?

As for the other replies - YES - its the daily drivability of the GTI that attracted me to this Golf R in the first place. Might be a bit agressive for a daily (could prally save a few bucks and just get a GTI) but thought i would see what you all thought. I really like it (esp in blue!)

Old 07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Just curious what you drive and what some of your suggestions would be?

As for the other replies - YES - its the daily drivability of the GTI that attracted me to this Golf R in the first place. Might be a bit agressive for a daily (could prally save a few bucks and just get a GTI) but thought i would see what you all thought. I really like it (esp in blue!)
it's a great car and worth the money imo.....

go for it because you will not be disappointed

Quick Reply: VW Golf R