Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Predicament for a SUV/Truck (story involved)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
Jonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant future
Predicament for a SUV/Truck (story involved)

So I just graduated undergrad in December and was recently hired at a small medical company 30 minutes or so from my folks house, where I currently live. I'm looking to move to a new house with some buddy's that is about 10-15 minutes from the office and it's all highway (the current drive is about 50/50 highway/cityish). Another challenge is that I am planning on working here for 2-3 years maybe longer if there is room to move up/grow and then going back to grad school for my MHA.

Right now I have an '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee with an Inline 6 that gets maybe 15-16 total MPG. The car is slowly deteriorating, the little things keep piling up I have to get 6 out of 8 new speakers, need to work on the window controls because they only work when the doors are shut, etc...

I have always wanted a Tahoe Z71 because of the space and towing capability, but recently I have want a Truck (F-150 King Ranch badly). My plan is to save up a substantial amount roughly $15K and put a sick down payment in to keep the monthly payments low. I can get either truck for $23-$25K with an extended warranty through a friend. Both are 2007's by the way with 50-60K

My question is in this situation what would you guys be looking at, thinking about and what would you choose?

I want to extra capabilities of the Truck, towing trailers for hunting season, jet ski's and machineries for a friends landclearing company I work with on the weekends. Or the Tahoe for a bigger SUV with towing capabilities but not as much as the F-150.

The two ideas are posted below...I love them both but I could literally go either way and it's bugging me out. I usually know exactly what I want and go for it!

Both of the trucks have 2.5" leveling kits to make them sit at a better angle and allows for slightly bigger tires.

Or (This is the 5.5' bed I'll get the 6.5' bed)

Thanks

Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
eomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant future
i personally would go for the Tahoe. yes you lose some towing capabilities but you gain more comforts. MPGs are not the greatest for either of them. they might say they get 20 but thats under optimal driving conditions that lets face it nobody drives. but for the main purpose of DDing the Tahoe would be a better fit IMO.. hope this helps some.. plus those body styles look good.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
Jonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant future
Thanks man, and thank you for your service too. Greatly appreciate it!

I'm leaning for the Tahoe because I love being able to throw all my nonsense in the bad and not worry about it. With the F-150 I won't be able to get a tonnaeu cover because I'll have a bed box and a back rack for lights when we set up the decoys and tailgating (mainly the tailgating!).

But I'm a ways off, probably looking to get either of them in August before football season and hunting seasons.

Last edited by Jonathan; 04-11-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:40 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
F150
built for wet/dirty adventure

Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
I'd probably go with the F150 also. The "King Ranch" version is very nice inside

Old 04-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
F150- Ford builds great trucks.